TODAY Cafe | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

TODAY Cafe

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disney has had the "ABC Commissary" for like decades and we're all okay with that.

I don't see an issue, especially since there's like a 0 chance I'll ever go in this place
I like that they have some props and costumes on display in the ABC Commissary. I only wish the food was better.

Reactions: jrn14
I like that they have some props and costumes on display in the ABC Commissary. I only wish the food was better.

I think I've only eaten there once, and it's only because it was the only place open.

I still miss the buffalo chicken sandwich from Studio Catering Co though. #RIP

What do you have against a nice danish Skip

The fact that I can get a Voodoo donut before I make it there. :lol:

I really like this idea. I also like their inclusion of the Today Show crew in the hotel rooms welcoming you to the resort. It's a nice touch.

I'm totally open to more synergistic opportunities like this. Surprised they haven't shoved The Voice Live down our throats yet.

I think I've only eaten there once, and it's only because it was the only place open.

Once for me. Did a long UTH tour for HHN28 and all they had at Blue Man for lunch was junk. Used back gate and had a much better sandwich to eat and rejoin the tour in time.
I do know people from Scotland that love sitting for a coffee and pastry in the morning to watch the people. Luxury of a three week vacation in Orlando.

I once ate there an Oprah (lots of layers and the only pastry that not just tasted like sugar and fat) but it left (like every kind on pastry I ever liked in the US). It got so bad I had to make my own.

And the only way that this place was probably ever going to get the money for a redo was by adding a bit of synergy and light theming and calling it the Today Show Cafe. The ROI will probably be huge as I imagine a lot more people will stop in here for breakfast now.

A lot of people walked right by the Boulangerie while looking for a place for breakfast bc it wasn't clear by the name what it was. Today Show Cafe is pretty clear.
They’ll likely be able to sell a few mugs/tumblers and a t-shirt or two as well.
I actually like it.
My only reservation is I feel that thematically, this isn’t going to tie into the area whatsoever (albeit the “theme” is atrocious).

- Kathie Lee's flatbread with botox sauce.
- Hoda Kotb's confusing letter soup.
I was trying to think what this show was but now that I saw these two names I remember. Don’t they just sit around and drink booze the whole morning while gossiping about stuff?
I remember them from The Soup. Kathie Lee was actually really funny.
TLDR; they (we) need booze here.

———

On another subject, now that we have hello kitty store finished and this getting handled, what is the next small refurb we expect.

I'm really curious to see what the outside of the building looks like...Production Central doesn't really have a 'look'...I wonder if they'll continue the Hollywood look into this space

Reactions: truejonas
I'm really curious to see what the outside of the building looks like...Production Central doesn't really have a 'look'...I wonder if they'll continue the Hollywood look into this space
I am guessing that they are going to go for a look similar to this building, which is right across the street from the cafe:
usfthennow_lucytribute2009ww.jpg

Notice the half circle that is being formed that looks exactly like what is pictured above:
DyG7kZ1XgAcj95E.jpg

I could be wrong, but it would help bring more of a general "look" to the area.

I am guessing that they are going to go for a look similar to this building, which is right across the street from the cafe:
usfthennow_lucytribute2009ww.jpg

Notice the half circle that is being formed that looks exactly like what is pictured above:
DyG7kZ1XgAcj95E.jpg

I could be wrong, but it would help bring more of a general "look" to the area.
Hmm so they are tying it in with Hollywood...Good choice IMO

Now if they could just dissolve Production Central into one big Hollywood haha

It looks like those cross beams actually extend out rather than leaving an open circle.

The area is supposed to look like a street in Hollywood, so each building should have a somewhat unique look. I would hope they will continue with that theme somewhat. If they copy the other building too closely it would actually look out of place.

Reactions: Andysol