Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland Speedway

Here's a look at how much track has been ripped out as of today:
M7Fi0zn.jpg

I agree, but i'm not in charge. @Marni1971 has said there's at least plans for electric cars, but the ride as a whole simply needs to go. It eats up prime land where they could put multiple attraction or one really nice E-ticket. Over time it will happen, but with Tron being built now, another big build in TL probably won't happen for quite a bit. Adventureland could really use a modern E-ticket.

Funny thing is, when Autopia was designed, the idea behind it is that it WAS futuristic at the time because in 1955, highways weren't a thing. TDL got rid of their Speedway and Disneyland is eventually going to need the land. It's just a matter of when the park needs the land for something actually good.

I agree with you on this. If I was in charge of MK, I would already been working on a new type of experience for the speedway. The reason behind it is, if UO is trying to build a Mario Kart Ride then Disney should be thinking of a counterpart respond and the speedway is that related ride. Like you said, in 1955 a highway was looked as the future/progress, but that's different now. Also I think they should do a dual building like Avatar. Maybe a two stories indoor track for Speedway and the rest of the plot can be used for another attraction. Whether they go for electric karts or ride system, I feel it would be amazing to ride the highways of a futuristic city and not Tomorrow Land grassy backyard. Also an indoor track would be great for theming and capacity during our daily afternoon summer storms.

Moved a bunch of posts here since the MK refurb thread was where things for this project were being posted. This thread was formerly about a potential Tron overlay (which is still possible).

Will the track length become shorter due to Tron? It seems strange to rip this attraction up without just re-doing the whole thing. I guess budget is already blown?

Yes, the track is getting shorter. Again.

Poor Speedway.
Was my first job in Florida, working "blood alley". After riding Disneyland's (which seems to go on... and on... and on... and all the tracks seem to go different ways) I sure feel sorry for the cast members there !

MK-2-18-19-3-1200x800.jpg

(Photo courtesy of WDWNT)

If that's really what these go-karts look like then I don't care if it's good for capacity. I don't care if little kids enjoy it. This attraction has no place in the Magic Kingdom!! Go ride it at your nearest local carnival or amusement park. That's embarrassing.

MK-2-18-19-3-1200x800.jpg

(Photo courtesy of WDWNT)

If that's really what these go-karts look like then I don't care if it's good for capacity. I don't care if little kids enjoy it. This attraction has no place in the Magic Kingdom!! Go ride it at your nearest local carnival or amusement park. That's embarrassing.
At least Disneyland's is scenic and winds around (in fact the roads separate at times so each side is different). Our is just... meh. The only nostalgia it holds for me is that it was my first - and worst - job in Florida

I would love to see the new BATB and Tangled boat ride coming to TDL make their way here.

Those would both be welcomed additions. But, I don't see them building a new Beauty and the Beast ride separate from all the new additions a couple years ago (Belle's M&G, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston's Tavern)...

Those would both be welcomed additions. But, I don't see them building a new Beauty and the Beast ride separate from all the new additions a couple years ago (Belle's M&G, Be Our Guest Restaurant, Gaston's Tavern)...
Isn’t there space in the Fantasyland theater for an attraction ?

I think you're talking about Disneyland? This thread is mostly for the speedway in Magic Kingdom since the Tron construction has closed it and altered the layout.
Your right I was actually referring to the Princess Fairytale Hall let me get back on topic.