Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ZSKb.jpg

...thanks, Facebook.

I'd like this more if it was Willie Wonka. I don't crave chocolate or like it that much so not excited on a personal level, but I want to see how they re-theme this building. I'm in the latter lol. Reminds me of what I saw as a "Willie Wonka Elevator Ride". The glass feature should be really cool.

...thanks, Facebook.

I saw that trending on Facebook this morning as well and I'm surprised by how much attention this thing is getting. I love that it is though as I really feel it's something unique but I'm surprised places like Entertainment Weekly are reporting on it. Heck there's even a radio station in Arizona that's talking about it!

Also, I'm glad something good came out of that Scary Tales: Screampunk scarezone last year...

6-ScreamPunk1.jpg

Cds4f03WoAAiuGI.jpg:large

Last edited:
It amazes me how sharp some of you are on here... Talk about reusing what you have. I was actually wondering how much the gears cost for that temporary sign.

I was told they were also used on a Mardi Gras float from last year

Reactions: universal_fanatic
The locals got it right. CNN and FOX News both claimed "Willy Wonka". Really bad journalism.
I very slightly partly blame Universal. If your going to build a chocolate factory, Wonka is what everyone is going to think about. If they didn't go after the IP then they should have. If the national media can get it wrong so will 90% of guests. The staff working this place is surely going to get bombarded with guests looking to get a photo with Wonka or asking where to get the everlasting gobstoppers.

I very slightly partly blame Universal. If your going to build a chocolate factory, Wonka is what everyone is going to think about. If they didn't go after the IP then they should have. If the national media can get it wrong so will 90% of guests. The staff working this place is surely going to get bombarded with guests looking to get a photo with Wonka or asking where to get the everlasting gobstoppers.

I don't think the issue is the media getting it wrong. They knew the facts and were being lazy, as well as were reporting it as though they were speaking to children. It was easier for them to simply say "Willy Wonka" than it was to simple explain the concept and report it as what it really is. Gotta love the media these days.

The only upside to the reporting and mentions of Willy Wonka is that it's getting far more attention than it otherwise would have.

Last edited: