Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is such a Disney-centric mindset. I have to ask, do you even have kids?

I am so sick of people wanting everything to be aimed at toddlers. There is a reason this 52 y.o. guy doesn't go to Disney anymore.

I don't.

I'm not asking for 'Goo Goo Ga Ga's Chocolate Wonder World' here, I'm asking for something to do at CityWalk when I'm not going to the parks and waiting for a table at another restaurant.

I don't.

I'm not asking for 'Goo Goo Ga Ga's Chocolate Wonder World' here, I'm asking for something to do at CityWalk when I'm not going to the parks and waiting for a table at another restaurant.
This place is going to be a Victorian romantic place to take your partner for chocolate martinis and chocolate fondue. Basically completely opposite of what you're looking for.

I hate steampunk with a passion but I like the look of this place. Really nice color combos and it fits in perfectly with the surrounding shops (adore the new Citywalk so much). However I don't think it's gonna be that big of a draw. The last thing I want to eat on a hot summers day is chocolate and I don't think I'm alone on that. However they'd be really dumb to offer other candy options. I think it's cool, if ice cream isn't your thing then this would be a perfect place for some dessert after a big meal. Rock on uni

I hate steampunk with a passion but I like the look of this place. Really nice color combos and it fits in perfectly with the surrounding shops (adore the new Citywalk so much). However I don't think it's gonna be that big of a draw. The last thing I want to eat on a hot summers day is chocolate and I don't think I'm alone on that. However they'd be really dumb to offer other candy options. I think it's cool, if ice cream isn't your thing then this would be a perfect place for some dessert after a big meal. Rock on uni
Ice cream and milkshakes are pretty refreshing on a hot day. Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Fondue the other half of the year.

You guys do they have two other areas to put more stuff and larger shops into. I would just wait.

I do wonder if this is a testbed for more Original IPs in Universal for potential future restaurants/attractions

Last edited:
Why all of the steampunk hate?

so you hate this

Disney2011DayTwo368.jpg

and this too?

20140920_193323000_iOS_preview_featured.jpg

Ice cream and milkshakes are pretty refreshing on a hot day. Hot Chocolate and Chocolate Fondue the other half of the year.
You make a good point however that's not all its gonna offer. And since Florida is rarely cold, ice cream and milkshakes might be all it's good for during 80% of the year. I'll wait until it's open to fully judge but I think it has to have some back up plans to make it all work
Why all of the steampunk hate?

so you hate this

Disney2011DayTwo368.jpg

and this too?

20140920_193323000_iOS_preview_featured.jpg
I like it when it's done tastefully like both of those examples. However it's so overused now and when people make entire landscapes out of it, it just becomes an ugly mess of goggles, top hats, curly mustaches and belts upon belts upon rust upon rust. So overdone and obnoxious. I think toothsome is a good example of tasteful steampunk

You make a good point however that's not all its gonna offer. And since Florida is rarely cold, ice cream and milkshakes might be all it's good for during 80% of the year. I'll wait until it's open to fully judge but I think it has to have some back up plans to make it all work

I like it when it's done tastefully like both of those examples. However it's so overused now and when people make entire landscapes out of it, it just becomes an ugly mess of goggles, top hats, curly mustaches and belts upon belts upon rust upon rust. So overdone and obnoxious. I think toothsome is a good example of tasteful steampunk
I agree I've never liked steampunk in general because it has no backstory no reason behind it. The style itself however when done correctly I think can be great though!

Reactions: Cole
The Groove is actually undergoing a major revamp. They are attempting to pick up a good % of the CPs and others who went to HOB on Sundays and Wedneday's.

The DJs who hosted those nights are lined up to start at The Groove soon on the same nights. There's already a CP party bus being advertised to come to Citywalk now too whereas the party bus guys have never bothered with CW in the past.

Until Universal decides that crowd is more trouble than it's worth and drops the club ideas all together

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Until Universal decides that crowd is more trouble than it's worth and drops the club ideas all together
HOB club nights were incredibly (and unbelievably for the crowd age) lucrative. If it were up to HOB, they would've never got rid of them.

And Disney put up with that crowd for 7 years after PI closed so it was obviously worth it.

As someone who went to HOB, I love that Uni is bringing this back and I hope it's successful.

At the risk of getting too off topic, how much business do the nightclubs really draw to CityWalk. I ask because I have never been to any of them, simply not a club kind of person. I tend to spend the evenings at whatever resort hotel I stay enjoying the hot tub and pool side bar.

At the risk of getting too off topic, how much business do the nightclubs really draw to CityWalk. I ask because I have never been to any of them, simply not a club kind of person. I tend to spend the evenings at whatever resort hotel I stay enjoying the hot tub and pool side bar.
Whenever I've left the park on Friday & Saturday evenings I've noticed quite a large number of people dressed in "club wear" coming in.

Reactions: Cole
I can only vouch for me & my GF, but ,we'll spend at the minimum, four or five nights every vacation hopping between Pat O'Briens', Marley's, Antojitos & Margueritaville. That's not counting two or three late afternoon dinners somewhere in Citi Walk......Can I ask, what is,or was, HOB?