Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Look, we all know kids love chocolate. That's not what I'm here to argue. I'm arguing that the impression that I get from this place is that there isn't going to really be anything for kids to do other than sit down and eat their dinner (or drink their chocolate bacon milkshake). I'm disappointed to see that with an idea as fantastical as a chocolate factory, all it seems we're getting is a sit down restaurant with a bar for the grown-ups.

CityWalk needs things to do other than eat and drink. It lacks unique stores that you're interested in exploring. I bet you only 30% of the people who walk into that hat store at Disney Springs leave with something. It's extremely difficult to kill time while you're waiting for a table at the Cowfish.

If we had an actual sort of "factory" type deal where visitors could take a tour and invent their own flavors of chocolate I would totally be sold.
This is such a Disney-centric mindset. I have to ask, do you even have kids?

I am so sick of people wanting everything to be aimed at toddlers. There is a reason this 52 y.o. guy doesn't go to Disney anymore.

Wow. This looks... amazing. :drool: The name is a bit odd, but not terrible.

To be fair, they have a point that a better balance of shops would be nice while waiting for dinner tables and such. This actually might help since it has the shop and factory demonstrations, but more of other things would be nice too. I personally want a "Nintendo FL" store.
I'm a bit partial to "Nintendo Orlando." It needs to happen. And to be more on topic......

I showed this to my mom just to try to get an opinion on the name. She read it aloud herself and pronounced it as "Toothstone Chocolate..." and proceeded to say (after I corrected her on the name) "so does it make your teeth hurt?" :lol:

I'm pretty sure she was half-joking, but still.

Another original concept operated by UO? I'm seeing a repeating theme here.

How many F&B locations remain in CW that are 3rd party establishments? :sneak:
I can't imagine that they go after the big 2 sit downs that are still around.
Hard Rock should stay because it has definite roots at Universal (being a big draw back in the day and having a hotel) as well as the concert venue.
Margaritaville just somehow fits perfectly there.

I can't imagine that they go after the big 2 sit downs that are still around.
Hard Rock should stay because it has definite roots at Universal (being a big draw back in the day and having a hotel) as well as the concert venue.
Margaritaville just somehow fits perfectly there.

Oh god I forgot Margaritaville existed

This will work well with the whole theme. I like the fact that Universal keeps Citi Walk primarily a food/beverage/entertainment district. There's enough shopping malls in the area. Don't waste the available space with any more shopping venues than currently exist. This mix is just right, plus it differentiates Universal from all those Orlando & Disney shopping malls.

Last edited:
Another original concept operated by UO? I'm seeing a repeating theme here.

How many F&B locations remain in CW that are 3rd party establishments? :sneak:
A scenario like this is what the resort is currently seeing from guests so it's no surprise:
giphy.gif

This is such a Disney-centric mindset. I have to ask, do you even have kids?

I am so sick of people wanting everything to be aimed at toddlers. There is a reason this 52 y.o. guy doesn't go to Disney anymore.

I agree with this statement. I am not in agreement with him at all about this Chocolate place or City Walk. I think this new place will be a nice mix of adult and kid stuff. One would say it will be great for FAMILIES. Which oh by the way is what I want stuff aimed at. Not toddlers. Even as a parent with a toddler, I realize my kids will only be in this age range for so long. I just want more things families can do so that wide range of ages will go to Universal and enjoy it. My 5 year old is already bored of toddler stuff lol

I'm guessing you're pointing towards things like Bob Marley/The Groove/Red Coconut/Rising Star?
The Groove is actually undergoing a major revamp. They are attempting to pick up a good % of the CPs and others who went to HOB on Sundays and Wedneday's.

The DJs who hosted those nights are lined up to start at The Groove soon on the same nights. There's already a CP party bus being advertised to come to Citywalk now too whereas the party bus guys have never bothered with CW in the past.

My money's on Marley and Gump.

Emiril might be a stretch.

Damn I forgot about Gump too.

I'm sure they're DYING for the Gump contract to run out. First/last eatery you see.

I have to assume The Groove will get the axe at some point as well. I don't think it fits in with the current CityWalk vibe

Some thoughts regarding discussion on the last two pages:

I don't want Citywalk to have shops take over more than 10-15% of space. Citywalk does not have the blessing of space that Disney Springs has and there's plenty of good merch to be found in the parks.
Regarding what goes next, Gump would be a big target. Even though it has name recognition, the space is begging to be used for something new.

Oh man I totally forgot about Gump too. Ate there once they screwed up shrimp cocktail (Seriously how do you screw up a shrimp cocktail!?!?!?! Especially when if you are known for anything it is shrimp!?!?!?) and told us the fish meals we ordered were a different type of fish. Never gone back again and don't plan to.
Emeril's I could see going, we ate there for our anniversary and it was good but I would honestly prefer most the other sit downs to it.
I thought Marley was more of a club than a restaurant so didn't factor that one in.