Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't care for the Toothsome part of the name (the last thing you want to think about with chocolate is it's effect on your teeth). But I love everything else about it, including the theme. Bring it on.

Last edited:
Reactions: s8film40
Yeah, but that causes confusion because then people think it is Willy Wonka related, or something from Hershey Park. The Toothsome moniker doesn't have a strong enough identity. They'll just be calling it The Chocolate Factory, which then relates back to the aforementioned Willy Wonka brand. If these tourists can't get their Gobstopper on, they're gonna be pissed! Lol

Based on the large Chocolate Factory logo and the Toothsome just being on one of the factory Steam pipes, I think they want people calling this Chocolate factory and not toothsome. The name is pretty bad, made me think of toothless more than toothsome. Also reminding people of their teeth when eating chocolate might not be the best thought lol

Reactions: Eckert and Mad Dog
This definitely isn't what I expected, but I'm excited to see the final result. Much more Captain Nemo/Victorian than I would've thought. I was thinking a touch more Wonka thrown in.

Not sure why there is so much dislike for the name, toothsome is an old and legitimate word that means tasty. It fits the Victorian kind of idea that is Steampunk.
It's great that they're trying to play into the theme with the use of an older term like that, but it's still an incredibly odd choice when you're trying to sell chocolate to include "tooth" in the name. It also doesn't easily roll off the tongue.

Not sure why there is so much dislike for the name, toothsome is an old and legitimate word that means tasty. It fits the Victorian kind of idea that is Steampunk.

Thanks for posting this. I just came back to the thread to post the same thing. At the same time, I will concur with others that it is an awkward word in this day and age. Almost so old that it doesn't even register.

Thanks for posting this. I just came back to the thread to post the same thing. At the same time, I will concur with others that it is an awkward word in this day and age. Almost so old that it doesn't even register.
Yep, the staff at this place better get used to hearing "so who is Toothsome?".

ETA: how is steampunk still a thing? Every steampunk/dieselpunk movie and TV show other than Captain America has underperformed. Such a niche thing, but here we have two competing Orlando tourist outlets ape that vibe.

I don't think Captain America is steampunk at all, so not sure how that would make sense.

I guess it depends on your definition of steampunk too...I think it works great as a design aesthetic and a "future from the turn of the 20th century" idea that I don't think has really been captured well in movies or TV shows actually, BUT Disney has done it well in the original Journey Into Imagination (Steampunk before Steampunk was a thing!) and the various Jules Verne inspired lands around the world

Reactions: Brownie54
This is just perfect. It just needs to open by late August for me to be happy. I loved the idea of a chocolate factory when it was rumoured, then to add a steam punk theme just doubled the awesomeness! Plus, if it looks like that concept it will look amazing at the end of CityWalk! Surprise announcement too, we were probably finding out too much about the WWE idea so they had to guide us off track quickly ;)

This is just perfect. It just needs to open by late August for me to be happy. I loved the idea of a chocolate factory when it was rumoured, then to add a steam punk theme just doubled the awesomeness! Plus, if it looks like that concept it will look amazing at the end of CityWalk! Surprise announcement too, we were probably finding out too much about the WWE idea so they had to guide us off track quickly ;)

Throwing a guess out there, I'd say August is possible. NBC Sports Bar & Grill was announced about 4 months before it opened and looked to be at the same stage of development and looks roughly about the same size.

Is anyone else not interested in eating a steak from a "chocolate factory"?

I'm sure the shakes and chocolate concoctions will be a hit, but I don't think this place will succeed as an actual restaurant. And for a place that will definitely attract kids, it doesn't seem very kid-friendly.

This gets a big 'eh' from me.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn