Toothsome Chocolate Emporium | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Whenever I've left the park on Friday & Saturday evenings I've noticed quite a large number of people dressed in "club wear" coming in.

As someone who doesn't really "club" I do find it surprising how many people go. But I do agree, once UOR makes the decision it's better for something else they will go away. It's possible I see this CityWalk going shopping/restaurants only while CityWalk 2.0 goes more clubs?

I can only vouch for me & my GF, but ,we'll spend at the minimum, four or five nights every vacation hopping between Pat O'Briens', Marley's, Antojitos & Margueritaville. That's not counting two or three late afternoon dinners somewhere in Citi Walk......Can I ask, what is,or was, HOB?
HOB = House of Blues at Disney Springs. Up until October, they did club nights that would pack that place body-to-body every Sunday for about 20 years. They had just started doing Wednesday's too before Disney shut it down.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The dream finder vehicle didn't run on steam!

Yeah, the term originally started as steam machines only, but it has evolved to become something covering a range of devices and related materials including clothing, all having a definitive "look". Elements of brass appear to seem required. Many of the gizmos in Dumbledoor's office, especially the telescopes etc. appear very steampunk to me.

HOB = House of Blues at Disney Springs. Up until October, they did club nights that would pack that place body-to-body every Sunday for about 20 years. They had just started doing Wednesday's too before Disney shut it down.
Thanks. Twice, over the years I booked dining reservations, and both times I received an email back saying they were cancelling the reservations since they had changed their closing hours for that day. I always wanted to go there since I had heard really good things about some of their other USA locations.

Thanks. Twice, over the years I booked dining reservations, and both times I received an email back saying they were cancelling the reservations since they had changed their closing hours for that day. I always wanted to go there since I had heard really good things about some of their other USA locations.
The restaurant is still open. The only thing about HOB that stopped was the club nights, held in the concert venue.

I like clubbing but never went to the groove, to anybody who has, is it fun? Or do naughty kids bring in tons of drugs and ruin it for everyone? I always saw tons of hot girls and desperate looking guys coming in as I left Saturday nights, never really clicked to me that they were there for the groove. But as Unird said, it seriously needs another name lol

Reactions: UNIrd
I like clubbing but never went to the groove, to anybody who has, is it fun? Or do naughty kids bring in tons of drugs and ruin it for everyone? I always saw tons of hot girls and desperate looking guys coming in as I left Saturday nights, never really clicked to me that they were there for the groove. But as Unird said, it seriously needs another name lol

It's actually a lot of fun. Great music, quite a few places to get a drink without long waits, decent clientele. It just needs to be rebranded and brought to today. It'd be cool if they could get some headliner DJs time to time but I don't know if Orlando has the scene.

Reactions: Cole
It's actually a lot of fun. Great music, quite a few places to get a drink without long waits, decent clientele. It just needs to be rebranded and brought to today. It'd be cool if they could get some headliner DJs time to time but I don't know if Orlando has the scene.
Orlando most certainly pulls headliner DJs to clubs downtown and around Orlando. CityWalk won't get them though due to a variety of reasons, the biggest being the clubs are tough to get to and they are inconsistent crowd-wise. Could be huge crowds one weekend and dead the next.

Many famous Miami DJs do surprise appearances at Orlando clubs. The Absolute last night ever of the club existing at HOB pulled one famous DJ after another, simply because it was known as "the place to be" on Sunday night's in Orlando for 20 years.

Reactions: snayberry
I always wanted to go there since I had heard really good things about some of their other USA locations.
The one at Mandalay Bay in Vegas is good, great food, saw one of our favourite bands there too, nice small concert venues :)

Awesome!!! I'll totally make it a goal to go sometime before it gets rebranded. Thanks a bunch

If we are going for someplace at CityWalk for drinks and to hang out we generally end up at Pat O's. When we got married, we planned on people wanting to go to the clubs so we got passes but that idea fell through. Finally went about 6 months ago or so and went to all of them. Groove was pretty much our least favorite one, despite it being the most crowded. It just felt icky in there... and we couldn't wait to get out. Had some friends in town over HHN and it is definitely more their scene and they said it was way too much and ended up leaving quickly.

If we are going for someplace at CityWalk for drinks and to hang out we generally end up at Pat O's. When we got married, we planned on people wanting to go to the clubs so we got passes but that idea fell through. Finally went about 6 months ago or so and went to all of them. Groove was pretty much our least favorite one, despite it being the most crowded. It just felt icky in there... and we couldn't wait to get out. Had some friends in town over HHN and it is definitely more their scene and they said it was way too much and ended up leaving quickly.
Have to love your post for the Pat O'Brien's reference. We greatly enjoy the Piano Bar. Some really good musicians there. And we like the ambiance of a dinner in the courtyard. It brings back good memories of its identical bar/restaurant in New Orleans. We have a Sing Sing Piano Bar in Pittsburgh, but while we do like it when it gets rowdy and a bit wild, it's all rowdy/wild and not really much good music. Pat O'Briens' strikes a nice balance. Fun and rowdy, but really entertaining well played music & talented musicians too.

Have to love your post for the Pat O'Brien's reference. We greatly enjoy the Piano Bar. Some really good musicians there. And we like the ambiance of a dinner in the courtyard. It brings back good memories of its identical bar/restaurant in New Orleans. We have a Sing Sing Piano Bar in Pittsburgh, but while we do like it when it gets rowdy and a bit wild, it's all rowdy/wild and not really much good music. Pat O'Briens' strikes a nice balance. Fun and rowdy, but really entertaining well played music & talented musicians too.

Pat O's is the one place we really like to go to also. Been to the clubs a couples times and it is just not my scene. The one time I went for someone turning 30 and wow, everything was packed wall to wall, which really sucked. Other times it has been less packed. But still not my scene. My I like a lot of the other places in city walk to either catch dinner or catch a drink with friends.

Orlando most certainly pulls headliner DJs to clubs downtown and around Orlando. CityWalk won't get them though due to a variety of reasons, the biggest being the clubs are tough to get to and they are inconsistent crowd-wise. Could be huge crowds one weekend and dead the next.

Many famous Miami DJs do surprise appearances at Orlando clubs. The Absolute last night ever of the club existing at HOB pulled one famous DJ after another, simply because it was known as "the place to be" on Sunday night's in Orlando for 20 years.

Tiesto and Armin have played at HOB a few times. When trance was actually good. But good dj's still tour Orlando. This week it's all about WMC in Miami with Ultra and all.

On a side note. I'm pretty excited for this. I'm a sweets type of guy.

Nice! I wonder how long this will take. You think they'd want it to be open by the same time as Kong and Hulk, considering the location being right by IOA.