Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What Disney needs to get a move on before SW:GE opens is replacing either BatB or VotLM. They've been talking about doing it for so long, they need to just do it. Both are incredibly stale. Fantasmic really is in desperate need of a retool as well. We're still far enough out to where something smaller scale like that could make it next year, but they seem content with what's there unfortunately.

What Disney needs to get a move on before SW:GE opens is replacing either BatB or VotLM. They've been talking about doing it for so long, they need to just do it. Both are incredibly stale. Fantasmic really is in desperate need of a retool as well. We're still far enough out to where something smaller scale like that could make it next year, but they seem content with what's there unfortunately.

Surprised BatB has lated this long. Something in the scale of Mickey and the Magical map will help spread the crowds.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Surprised BatB has lated this long. Something in the scale of Mickey and the Magical map will help spread the crowds.
BatB always fills up every show so I think that's how they justify it. Same with Indy and LM. I think they look at it and see that they are still popular, there's not reason enough to spend the money on a new show yet. I think it's foolish to look at something that way, especially because swapping out shows doesn't cost a huge amount in the big picture.

BatB always fills up every show so I think that's how they justify it. Same with Indy and LM. I think they look at it and see that they are still popular, there's not reason enough to spend the money on a new show yet. I think it's foolish to look at something that way, especially because swapping out shows doesn't cost a huge amount in the big picture.

I wonder what the GSAT scores are. If they are up for BatB then I can see why they have kept it for so long.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
We love B & B and LM. We've seen them many times and they're still among our favorite shows. I'd guess the GP likes them too. Seats fill up & the crowds cheer. What more could Disney want from them. Happy shows make happy tourists. Entertaining shows like these, and the Blues Brothers over at Universal, are timeless for fans of the IP's. Don't underestimate their popularity.

We love B & B and LM. We've seen them many times and they're still among our favorite shows. I'd guess the GP likes them too. Seats fill up & the crowds cheer. What more could Disney want from them. Happy shows make happy tourists. Entertaining shows like these, and the Blues Brothers over at Universal, are timeless for fans of the IP's. Don't underestimate their popularity.
The absolute least they could do is update LM so the video portions don’t look like they just popped in a 25 year old VHS tape.

Didn't come to mind until recently, but the other thing i'm slightly surprised by is that, with both DCA and DHS' version of TSMM having rebirths this year, they didn't add new games to the ride to make it a bit more fresh. Maybe they're holding something like that off until next Summer when they're promoting TS4?

The last (and only) time that the ride got new games was when TS3 came out.

One thought that had just occurred to me (no im not sticking up for them) the reason we only have a window service eatery and not much to do is that it is supposed to be “Andy’s backyard.” Using what he had around to create this so called land, how would he have made a sit down character dining establishment? A pizza box? The reason it is what it currently is, because it’s his old lunchbox that he just turned upside down. I understand some liberties will be taken to make it life size and such.

ETA: I will always maintain that they should have and could have added or kept a lot of the original concept to make it feel fuller.

Play Disney Parks App Debuts at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort on June 30 | Disney Parks Blog

Disney announced that both Slinky and Midway Mania will have integration with their new Play Disney Parks app.

Any ideas what the Midway Mania effects will look like? I don't remember seeing obvious new effect placement after the queue change.

Great, now more line hold ups due to people staring like a zombie at their phone instead of you know...walking.

I think the land is unquestionably the best iteration of the Disney's various Toy Story Lands so far, and Slinky Dog Dash does give it a sense of scale and energy that the other TSLs lack.

One more ride in this land would really have helped, though.
It was always going to be the best iteration of the land though, if not simply because the three rides in the land are custom rides and not something they just dropped in off the shelf for cheap like the other versions (excluding Woody's Round-Up at SHDL's version).

It was always going to be the best iteration of the land though, if not simply because the three rides in the land are custom rides and not something they just dropped in off the shelf for cheap like the other versions (excluding Woody's Round-Up at SHDL's version).

Yeah, considering its Pixars flagship IP, Toy Story has been dealt some pretty bad hands in its lands and rides across the various parks. I feel like whilst this is an improvement on whats at DLP for instance, its still a bit of a weak offering considering what could be done with the IP. I guess this lands serves exactly what they were looking for though. A family friendly area in a park with very little in the way of child friendly rides.