Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Overall the land is... fine. It technically has three rides, but when three rides is half of the number of rides in the park, the area is going to be super crowded for a year or so.

The actual land could've been put to greater utilization with a better layout. RSoxNo1 over on Magic has talked a lot about how they could've put a hot wheels-themed speedway ride in-between the supports and under the track. This would've been another ride aimed at kids and also would've provided the extra benefit of allowing MK to then take theirs out since DHS would have one.

Oh well.

Overall the land is... fine. It technically has three rides, but when three rides is half of the number of rides in the park, the area is going to be super crowded for a year or so.

The actual land could've been put to greater utilization with a better layout. RSoxNo1 over on Magic has talked a lot about how they could've put a hot wheels-themed speedway ride in-between the supports and under the track. This would've been another ride aimed at kids and also would've provided the extra benefit of allowing MK to then take theirs out since DHS would have one.

Oh well.

That would kinda look tacky in TSL, to be honest. Plus, where would they put the queue and station?

Reactions: Andysol
I've only seen the video's and read the reviews but this looks amazing! It's exactly what I want from a world class Disney theme park. The rides are wildly original and have story seeping out of them. Best of all Andy's lunch box is filled with booze (what's the story about that) and with all the bright colors at night this land is a winner. Yes it's got blinking lights and people will tell you carnival rides have even more blinking lights but these are done so much better and blinkier. Sure they could have gone the Radiator Springs Racer route but imagineering and the Disney corporation aren't cheap nor lazy, they went above and beyond to give us humble visitors a ton of quality entertainment for our vacation dollars and I will argue this is much better then that, also great but lesser than this, carsland ride. This sure is a hit and can proudly be stamped with the Disney seal of approval.

I kinda wish they had fully enclosed Saucers instead of leaving it open to the outside. For one, it would have allowed them to keep the ride climate controlled, but more importantly, since the ride is open to the outside, it will likely have to close when lightning is in the area. It wouldn't if they enclosed it.

Reactions: jtsalien
I kinda wish they had fully enclosed Saucers instead of leaving it open to the outside. For one, it would have allowed them to keep the ride climate controlled, but more importantly, since the ride is open to the outside, it will likely have to close when lightning is in the area. It wouldn't if they enclosed it.

There's a lot I wish they did with this area. :lol:

There's a lot I wish they did with this area. :lol:
I could go on for a long time. But probably the biggest thing is... why didn't they just copy and paste Cars Land? Or even a Pixar land that would've been RSR, TSMM, Inside Out-themed Junkyard Jamboree and maybe that Monsters Inc Coaster instead of a damn Third Midway Mania track??? They had Kathy Mangum on the project for heaven sake.

Such wasted potential.