Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 113 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've only seen the video's and read the reviews but this looks amazing! It's exactly what I want from a world class Disney theme park. The rides are wildly original and have story seeping out of them. Best of all Andy's lunch box is filled with booze (what's the story about that) and with all the bright colors at night this land is a winner. Yes it's got blinking lights and people will tell you carnival rides have even more blinking lights but these are done so much better and blinkier. Sure they could have gone the Radiator Springs Racer route but imagineering and the Disney corporation aren't cheap nor lazy, they went above and beyond to give us humble visitors a ton of quality entertainment for our vacation dollars and I will argue this is much better then that, also great but lesser than this, carsland ride. This sure is a hit and can proudly be stamped with the Disney seal of approval.
Is this satire?

So just to bring this up, I've seen people mention of how "Slinky Dog is longer than Seven Dwarfs"..and to me, I actually don't get it.

When I did some calculations from various POV's, the most I got in ride time for length, is about 2 Minutes, and varying from 9 to 12 seconds after. Compared to Seven Dwarfs upped amount by about 30-33 seconds after the minute, I have had to do re-takes of measuring, but quite a lot of times, I have seen Dwarfs as the longer attraction.

To be honest, what irks me of Slinky, is that it could've been so much more than what came. And I think, a reason to blame, is oddly the height restriction.

I think this stems down as a problem to the entire land, but the attraction crawls because of the speed. And that, I think it's going to be the cause for Slinky to be rolling back at that second launch, sooner than later, I am not going to be shocked if the idiotic decision to cut back on low-height/no height attractions will bite them in the arse, in a way that I would argue trumps the Drupercharged/Kong height restrictions.

Just saying that, before people go hostile on me, considering that some people are actually getting hostile over the attraction and said land.

Reactions: Coasted
I could go on for a long time. But probably the biggest thing is... why didn't they just copy and paste Cars Land? Or even a Pixar land that would've been RSR, TSMM, Inside Out-themed Junkyard Jamboree and maybe that Monsters Inc Coaster instead of a damn Third Midway Mania track??? They had Kathy Mangum on the project for heaven sake.

Such wasted potential.

Personally, I think that the Pixar/Cars land will come to DHS in the future. But not right now.

Maybe in 2023, when Universal South opens in full (the theme park will open the year before)? They will need some sort of major competition.

So just to bring this up, I've seen people mention of how "Slinky Dog is longer than Seven Dwarfs"..and to me, I actually don't get it.

When I did some calculations from various POV's, the most I got in ride time for length, is about 2 Minutes, and varying from 9 to 12 seconds after. Compared to Seven Dwarfs upped amount by about 30-33 seconds after the minute, I have had to do re-takes of measuring, but quite a lot of times, I have seen Dwarfs as the longer attraction.

To be honest, what irks me of Slinky, is that it could've been so much more than what came. And I think, a reason to blame, is oddly the height restriction.

I think this stems down as a problem to the entire land, but the attraction crawls because of the speed. And that, I think it's going to be the cause for Slinky to be rolling back at that second launch, sooner than later, I am not going to be shocked if the idiotic decision to cut back on low-height/no height attractions will bite them in the arse, in a way that I would argue trumps the Drupercharged/Kong height restrictions.

Just saying that, before people go hostile on me, considering that some people are actually getting hostile over the attraction and said land.
I actually posted on this a few pages back. I get why people *think* it’s longer (it’s not).

SDMT has two coaster sections split with a dark ride section in the middle. The coaster section is about 60 seconds total and dark ride portion is about 60 seconds.

When it comes to Slinky, the coaster is slightly longer than 60 seconds I believe, but the fact that Slinky is ALL COASTER allows it to feel like a longer coaster.

Personally, I think that the Pixar/Cars land will come to DHS in the future. But not right now.

Maybe in 2023, when Universal South opens in full (the theme park will open the year before)? They will need some sort of major competition.

I don't think Cars Land is coming to Orlando anymore. They had their chance, unto SWL and TSL were built. I do think that Disney does have something planned for 2021-2024.

Just my observations, but the shade problem in TSL should be gone by the summer after SW:GE opens. The foliage should grow in a lot more, the tunnel between the two new lands should provide a great deal of shade, and there’ll be a ton of AC and shade right next door.

However, the next year and a half will be a living hell for anyone inside that land.

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Just my observations, but the shade problem in TSL should be gone by the summer after SW:GE opens. The foliage should grow in a lot more, the tunnel between the two new lands should provide a great deal of shade, and there’ll be a ton of AC and shade right next door.

However, the next year and a half will be a living hell for anyone inside that land.
That’s a great point! Sadly, none of that will help the lack of indoor structures.

Wow. This looks incredible at night! I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Universal needs to take a look at this and use it as inspiration.

Yes, it appears impressive in the evening. This is surely when the land 'shines', and no real worry about the heat factor when the sun goes down. The look & atmosphere reminds me of a County Fair. I like the brightness for the evening. Lot's of colorful, cheerful lighting everywhere. The lack of a bright night area was the only real weakness of New Fantasy Land at MK. It's pretty in the evening, but so dark that not many people linger in the area after they leave the attractions. TSL sure beats NFL in the evening.

I could go on for a long time. But probably the biggest thing is... why didn't they just copy and paste Cars Land? Or even a Pixar land that would've been RSR, TSMM, Inside Out-themed Junkyard Jamboree and maybe that Monsters Inc Coaster instead of a damn Third Midway Mania track??? They had Kathy Mangum on the project for heaven sake.

Such wasted potential.
They didn't copy/paste Cars Land because Disney's initiative is to have independent "anchor" lands to attract guests to those specific parks.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Some someone clarify something for me? I'm confused about the integration of TSMM to TSL. Did they close the Pixar Place entrance and make the TSL one the main? Or does the TSL entrance merge with the other? Or does the TSL entrance only lead to the 3rd track? How does it work?