Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Seems like that should be easy to meet considering how simple this land will be. Reminds me more of Kidzone than a present day theme park era land.
Don't forget, if you look back at post #226 you can compare all of the theming and other buildings they were originally planning for this land. Once they decided to hurry up and get it built, they dropped a lot of cool concepts.

Don't forget, if you look back at post #226 you can compare all of the theming and other buildings they were originally planning for this land. Once they decided to hurry up and get it built, they dropped a lot of cool concepts.
Honestly, i'm fine with them cutting corners on this project.

Sure this land may be in the park for a good while, but it's primary purpose is to add rides to a park short on them. I know it won't happen anytime soon (at least not for a good 15-20 years likely), but by making this area of the park essentially a glorified carnival, it makes it that much easier to rip out and add in something worthwhile (which is what they should've done now instead of wasting time on TSL).

Reactions: Scott W.
Well it's certainly no Potter, Carsland or Pandora. :lol:

It was really a poor decision to add this land like this. Look at how much land is in that picture and how little we're getting out of it... we could've gotten quite a few Fantasyland style dark rides and filled up the area nicely with people eaters. Instead we're getting two rides that will be capacity nightmares.
Really a huge waste of space, BUT, strangely enough it may well end up a huge driver for attendance, maybe more of a driver than Pandora. This is the type of thing that those Disney vacation tourists eat up, and would probably schedule a vacation just to see it. :( I see a bigger return on investment for this than trying to recoup the Pandora costs. This is costing way more than it should for what it has, but it's still just costing one fourth of Pandora. Disney will make money on this land, my guess. .....And that's sad, since Pandora will be soooooo much better than this no substance expansion.

Reactions: Nick
Really a huge waste of space, BUT, strangely enough it may well end up a huge driver for attendance, maybe more of a driver than Pandora. This is the type of thing that those Disney vacation tourists eat up, and would probably schedule a vacation just to see it. :( I see a bigger return on investment for this than trying to recoup the Pandora costs. This is costing way more than it should for what it has, but it's still just costing one fourth of Pandora. Disney will make money on this land, my guess. .....And that's sad, since Pandora will be soooooo much better than this no substance expansion.
And you better bet that Disney will market it as having three attractions as if TSMM is brand new (even though it will be 10 years old next year).

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
Don't forget, if you look back at post [HASHTAG]#226[/HASHTAG] you can compare all of the theming and other buildings they were originally planning for this land. Once they decided to hurry up and get it built, they dropped a lot of cool concepts.
There was a little more to it then, but not really much substance. Just more bells & whistles.

No doubt. (The NEW Toy Story Mania complete with an added track for the customers we love and new exciting entrance adventure). :lol:
I would fully expect them to add any new characters from TS4 to TSMM and market it as a new experience, much like they added TFA to ST.

Reactions: Alicia
There was a little more to it then, but not really much substance. Just more bells & whistles.
I know they changed they track slightly, but aside from that, things like having a trench on such an unthemed coaster was pointless. That rockwork would've delayed the project months and all the land is is a whip ride and a pretty short, unthemed coaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog
I know they changed they track slightly, but aside from that, things like having a trench or such an unthemed coaster was pointless. That rockwork would've delayed the project months and all the land is is a whip ride and a pretty short, unthemed coaster.
Exactly. There never was any substance to the land. It just would have been "prettier".

I would fully expect them to add any new characters from TS4 to TSMM and market it as a new experience, much like they added TFA to ST.
TS4 doesn't come out until 2019, which means they'll essentially be able to market TSL as new again in 2019 along with SWL.

I expect them to run a joint campaign "Come experience the new adventures at Disney's TBD Theme Park!"

(The name will be changing with SWL opening... a rebranding of sorts)

Reactions: Alicia and Mad Dog
Honestly, i'm fine with them cutting corners on this project.

Sure this land may be in the park for a good while, but it's primary purpose is to add rides to a park short on them. I know it won't happen anytime soon (at least not for a good 15-20 years likely), but by making this area of the park essentially a glorified carnival, it makes it that much easier to rip out and add in something worthwhile (which is what they should've done now instead of wasting time on TSL).
This is like getting served a skimpy pile of tater tots at V$A.

Universal would kill to have that kind of acreage available to them at IOA. Imagine all that could be done. :)
Well in Toon Lagoon they sorta do (and then some). It's just about when to pull the trigger and what the right replacement is.

Yes, but that's existing attractions, one excellent & the other pretty good. TSL was just backstage buildings for the most part.
Uni probably has a third resort worth of backstage buildings they could get rid of.

TS4 doesn't come out until 2019, which means they'll essentially be able to market TSL as new again in 2019 along with SWL.

I expect them to run a joint campaign "Come experience the new adventures at Disney's TBD Theme Park!"

(The name will be changing with SWL opening... a rebranding of sorts)

I JUST started calling it DHS.

Reactions: Alicia