Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It'll be a good introductory coaster, especially in a park that has RNRC in it as well. Not that RNRC is crazy by coaster standards, but it's always nice to have a stepping stone coaster to the bigger one.

I still despise this land though. :lol:

I totally get how people definitely hate it. Its a filler plain and simple. But in my case lol with little kids its perfect.

I know tell me about it. The real question I have is will she be into Star Wars by late 2019? I know she will be old enough for whats in store for Nintendo and that time frame but will she be able to handle the 2 trackless dark rides in store.
The good thing is gonna be a permanent resident at DHS for a LONG time, so if she's not into Star Wars by 2019, you've got plenty of time.

I totally get how people definitely hate it. Its a filler plain and simple. But in my case lol with little kids its perfect.
It's not necessarily that because I don't mind Storybook Circus as much as some seem to. The issue for me is that TSL is taking up a good 12 acres of land for a whip ride and a family launch coaster.

There are ways to make rides for families without resorting to carnie tactics and i'd rather them not waste such a valuable piece of land in what is a rather small park.

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's not necessarily that because I don't mind Storybook Circus as much as some seem to. The issue for me is that TSL is taking up a good 12 acres of land for a whip ride and a family launch coaster.

There are ways to make rides for families without resorting to carnie tactics and i'd rather them not waste such a valuable piece of land in what is a rather small park.

I think within 20 years TSL is replaced but yeah I agree with the cheapness

How about what Jim Hill said last year, the name was gonna be something like:

Disney Cinemagic Adventure

or

Disney Cinemagical Adventure

He said they were focus grouping that word...

(Which by the way was used in park maps by Universal Studios Florida in the early nineties, so they didn't even come up with it first.)

Oh and "Cinemagical" sounds like a terrible infection or virus, so hope they just go with "Disney Hollywood Adventure."

I think we all agree at least that they're dropping the apostrophe and s from Disney's. That's a start.

EDIT: And it turns out "Cinemagic" is the name of a worldwide cable channel they own, so that's weird synergy. Disney Cinemagic - Wikipedia

If they want to overdose on synergy, they could call it Disney's Cinemagic Kingdom.

I think that within that time it could be going too... but who knows. They're chugging these lands out at almost every resort. By the end of next year, the only resorts without a TSL will be DLR and TDLR (the two best).

Hopefully those resorts continue to steer clear.

If they want to overdose on synergy, they could call it Disney's Cinemagic Kingdom.
That's been thrown around as fan rumor a lot, but it would really just confuse the hell out of everyone.

This may be my daughters first big coaster. She will be approaching 5 years old by then
If youd count 7D as a "big coaster" (vs hippogriff or barnstormer)- then shed be able to ride that around 3 most likely depending on her height. Both my kiddos were over 38" at 3 years old. At worst, they're 37" and you throw a sock under the heel :)

It's already 22 years old of the original movie with another new release coming soon. TSM is really popular, Buzz Lightyear at MK is popular. It's not fading even after 22 years.

I think this franchise can go on for quite awhile. The kids who watched the original are having their own kids now for the future.

It's already 22 years old of the original movie with another new release coming soon. TSM is really popular, Buzz Lightyear at MK is popular. It's not fading even after 22 years.

I think this franchise can go on for quite awhile. The kids who watched the original are having their own kids now for the future.

This is the exact reason why Nintendo Land is going to be huge.

Reactions: adjjb
My 20 year replacement comment has nothing to do with the power of Toy Story. My point being is Toy Story Land is being done on the cheap because MGM desperately needs quick additions and with the MASSIVE budget planned for Star Wars there was only so much money to make a "impactful" addition for the time frame they had.

This way in 20 years or maybe more when they need to build a project, and the 14 acres it sits on is too good to pass up they're free to rip tear kill with little remorse or public outcry.

My 20 year replacement comment has nothing to do with the power of Toy Story. My point being is Toy Story Land is being done on the cheap because MGM desperately needs quick additions and with the MASSIVE budget planned for Star Wars there was only so much money to make a "impactful" addition for the time frame they had.

This way in 20 years or maybe more when they need to build a project, and the 14 acres it sits on is too good to pass up they're free to rip tear kill with little remorse or public outcry.

Pretty much any ride or attraction is up for full replacement in a 20 year period, regardless of initial budget.

Looking at the aerials of both DHS construction areas really makes you pause when you consider that only four rides (two of which on a decidedly lesser tier than the other two) are going to be put on all that land. I've been on Universal's case about misusing (in my opinion) the Earthquake/Disaster plot, but this is that on an even larger scale. We may end up getting one of the very best rides on planet out of Star Wars, which takes a bit of the sting out of things, but I see Toy Story Land as nothing less than a creative write-off at this point.

2018's going to be a great year to take a trip to Disneyland instead of Orlando.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If this is supposed to be "Andy's backyard" I could see this being themed to a giant fence as tacky as that would be it would give the illusion that you are indeed in his backyard.

I'm not actually sure if it is his backyard or not. He always did have a vivid imagination. I'm imagining they'll go with some simple for the backdrop like this:

x9cT6Q.jpg

Edit: I was on the Disney blog just to make sure I hadn't missed something and I still can't believe they posted this video: