Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
DHA (Disney Hollywood Adventure) will be the likely new name.
I've heard this many times and it's a fine name... I mean it'll get the job done, but you go from confusing DHS with USF to confusing "DHA" with IOA. Also, "Adventure" is so overused as a theme park term and in Park names in general.

Wish they would be a bit more creative.

Last edited:
IGNORE THE BELLOW POST, SCOTT LINKED IT AND I MISSED THE LINK IN THE THREAD.

I know its old news as Mickey's latest photo was posted the other day but there are a couple more on his site, tweet below and direct link in his tweet:

Last edited:
I know its old news as Mickey's latest photo was posted the other day but there are a couple more on his site, tweet below and direct link in his tweet:

lol, these are the reason this thread has been so active lately :)

I still call it MGM even when cast members try to correct me lol
The dedication plaque still says MGM. Next time they correct you, you should take them for a history lesson :lol:

JlgRTFr.jpg

DHA (Disney Hollywood Adventure) will be the likely new name.
How about what Jim Hill said last year, the name was gonna be something like:

Disney Cinemagic Adventure

or

Disney Cinemagical Adventure

He said they were focus grouping that word...

(Which by the way was used in park maps by Universal Studios Florida in the early nineties, so they didn't even come up with it first.)

Oh and "Cinemagical" sounds like a terrible infection or virus, so hope they just go with "Disney Hollywood Adventure."

I think we all agree at least that they're dropping the apostrophe and s from Disney's. That's a start.

EDIT: And it turns out "Cinemagic" is the name of a worldwide cable channel they own, so that's weird synergy. Disney Cinemagic - Wikipedia

Reactions: Joel
How about what Jim Hill said last year, the name was gonna be something like:

Disney Cinemagic Adventure

or

Disney Cinemagical Adventure

He said they were focus grouping that word...

(Which by the way was used in park maps by Universal Studios Florida in the early nineties, so they didn't even come up with it first.)

Oh and "Cinemagical" sounds like a terrible infection or virus, so hope they just go with "Disney Hollywood Adventure."

I think we all agree at least that they're dropping the apostrophe and s from Disney's. That's a start.

EDIT: And it turns out "Cinemagic" is the name of a worldwide cable channel they own, so that's weird synergy. Disney Cinemagic - Wikipedia
Jim Hill...:thumbsdown:

Jim Hill gets a worse wrap than he deserves honestly. He's been the first to report many projects over the past 4-5 years or so. Both Disney and Universal.
I just listen to all podcasts, helps pass the time while working. And I like Len Testa's take on customer satisfaction surveys for Disney restaurants. Helps me decide where to eat.

Also of note, a member over on WDWMagic (MansionButler84 - typically knows his stuff) is saying that the height requirement for Slinky Dog Dash will be either 38" or 40".

This may be my daughters first big coaster. She will be approaching 5 years old by then
It'll be a good introductory coaster, especially in a park that has RNRC in it as well. Not that RNRC is crazy by coaster standards, but it's always nice to have a stepping stone coaster to the bigger one.

I still despise this land though. :lol:

Reactions: Andy
Wow, time sure flies. Seems you were just talking about her upcoming birth a few days ago. :)

I know tell me about it. The real question I have is will she be into Star Wars by late 2019? I know she will be old enough for whats in store for Nintendo and that time frame but will she be able to handle the 2 trackless dark rides in store.

Reactions: Mad Dog