Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would love to see the actual numbers. Strip out the park hoppers and those that went in, left, and came back. What is the actual attendance? For park hoppers, they can count them if DHS was the first park visited.
If only we all had access to all the parks attendance numbers.:pray:

Last edited:
Nah don't reward Disney for not having enough attractions on top of charging resort guests for parking and cutting back on extra magic hours.

I'm looking at this from many different angles. If I stay at Universal for 15 days, I'm staying at Aventura or CBBR since I can't justify the cost of staying at Royal Pacific. If I stay at Disney for a week, I get all the benefits like FP, Magic Bands, charging to my room etc plus I won't be paying for parking (I'm from the UK) which saves me $22 a trip to Disney or more if I need to get an Uber if I want to drink in Epcot, plus the $12 a day parking at a Universal hotel (I know that the more expensive hotels charge more). Staying at Pop Century is the same price as CBBR or Aventura so I'm saving money on parking plus I don't need to drive because of Magical Express and a good transport system within WDW and I can pick a car up at Disney on my last day no problem and drive to Universal.

Overall, staying at Disney will save me about $400 which I can then put towards staying at Royal Pacific. Granted I'll have fewer days on site at Universal but I'll probably still visit the parks the same amount of time and I'll save a huge amount of time by having Express Pass and get the benefit of staying in a much nicer room, closer to the parks and major benefit of being able to skip the queues for restaurants at CityWalk.

I had planned on getting free Disney Dining but from what I can see, all the deals are more expensive than buying it separately plus I feel like I'd be dining to justify the cost.

It doesn't get said very often now but it's actually cheaper to do things the Disney way.

I'm looking at this from many different angles. If I stay at Universal for 15 days, I'm staying at Aventura or CBBR since I can't justify the cost of staying at Royal Pacific. If I stay at Disney for a week, I get all the benefits like FP, Magic Bands, charging to my room etc plus I won't be paying for parking (I'm from the UK) which saves me $22 a trip to Disney or more if I need to get an Uber if I want to drink in Epcot, plus the $12 a day parking at a Universal hotel (I know that the more expensive hotels charge more). Staying at Pop Century is the same price as CBBR or Aventura so I'm saving money on parking plus I don't need to drive because of Magical Express and a good transport system within WDW and I can pick a car up at Disney on my last day no problem and drive to Universal.

Overall, staying at Disney will save me about $400 which I can then put towards staying at Royal Pacific. Granted I'll have fewer days on site at Universal but I'll probably still visit the parks the same amount of time and I'll save a huge amount of time by having Express Pass and get the benefit of staying in a much nicer room, closer to the parks and major benefit of being able to skip the queues for restaurants at CityWalk.

I had planned on getting free Disney Dining but from what I can see, all the deals are more expensive than buying it separately plus I feel like I'd be dining to justify the cost.

It doesn't get said very often now but it's actually cheaper to do things the Disney way.

I usually rent a car to go to/from UNI from our Disney hotel. With the new parking charge going into effect, we'll use Uber more. It's like $18 each way but still worth it. However, I want to stay at Portofino Bay at least one time just to say I did.

After looking at the recent aerials from @bioreconstruct, I'm actually am surprised on how well everything looks in the pictures. At a first quick glance, it actually almost looks like a small toy set very similar to the model! Even though I do think something a bit better could have been placed here, I think they really hit it off with their theme and will actually feel like we are part of some play set!

This looks like fun to just be in.

From Bioconstruct:
Ddlb0EHVAAATCGr.jpg:large

DdlZwH1U0AAxb9p.jpg:large

Last edited:
Miketheboss said - "No, just Universal."

I think Sea World will be the 2018 ride winner in Florida.

Universal will hit a home run with their new night time show. They will also do well with a full year of volcano bay and their solid filler indoor dark ride FF. (Every time I have been on a FF the average park guest seems to be enjoying the ride a lot more than many on these and other forums would like to admit.)

Disney will be pushing their Six Flags open air family coaster with a spin ride (with over the top lines and poor capacity) and some new dessert parties.

Last edited:
Miketheboss said - "No, just Universal."

I think Sea World will be the 2018 ride winner in Florida.

Universal will hit a home run with their new night time show. They will also do well with a full year of volcano bay and their solid filler indoor dark ride FF. (Every time I have been on a FF the average park guest seems to be enjoying the ride a lot more than many on these and other forums would like to admit.)

Disney will be pushing their Six Flags open air family coaster with a spin ride (with over the top lines and poor capacity) and some new dessert parties.

Ok, I'll have to admit. TSL is going to be a pain this summer but i think as attention shifts towards Galaxy's Edge and the public puts less pressure on this land, it's shining features will come through.

The rides look like a lot of fun and the land's colorful appearance will be a nice juxtaposition when put next to the rustic, metallic land of Batuu.

Sure, it's going to go through some growing pains but when you are in the park, pushing through star wars fans desperate to take a rest, you'll be thankful for a place like TSL that can put the smile back on your face.