Trademarks | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Trademarks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting! I guess they want a piece of the marathon money too...

I don't run anymore, but I'd probably watch people running through IoA while sitting at a bar along the route. :cheers: That's as close as I would come. If anyone sees me running, they'd best be running with me or trying to outrun me, because clearly, we are all about to die and I'm not above using the people behind me as fodder for whatever is chasing us. :tease:

Hmm...maybe that's what Universal is going for? Talk about a unique, themed experience. :lmao:Or maybe a play off a Hash House Harriers run? Unviersal's got some great adult beverage options, after all. May as well utilize those in a way their competitors can't. :toast::toast:

Is there really that much money in marathons?
Yes. Yes there is. People who run races stay in on-site hotels. They also go to the parks. They also spend crazy amounts of money just to enter the race (seen below). It is a huge market for WDW and one that has helped turn January from a slow season into a fairly busy period for most of the month now.

The WDW Marathon is also run by about 26,000 runners each year, so no, this is not similar to Golf. Those 26,000 also aren't counting any family or friends who come down with them. They also spend quite a bit of money.

This is current pricing to run the WDW Marathon (one person):
Walt Disney World® Marathon
  • $188
Dopey Challenge
  • $585
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
  • $385
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
  • $188
Walt Disney World® 10K
  • $125
Walt Disney World® 5K
  • $85

Race Registration | Walt Disney World Marathon | runDisney

Reactions: Yung1522 and Teebin
Yes. Yes there is. People who run races stay in on-site hotels. They also go to the parks. They also spend crazy amounts of money just to enter the race (seen below). It is a huge market for WDW and one that has helped turn January from a slow season into a fairly busy period for most of the month now.

The WDW Marathon is also run by about 26,000 runners each year, so no, this is not similar to Golf. Those 26,000 also aren't counting any family or friends who come down with them. They also spend quite a bit of money.

This is current pricing to run the WDW Marathon (one person):
Walt Disney World® Marathon
  • $188
Dopey Challenge
  • $585
Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge
  • $385
Walt Disney World® Half Marathon
  • $188
Walt Disney World® 10K
  • $125
Walt Disney World® 5K
  • $85

Race Registration | Walt Disney World Marathon | runDisney

It also results in one of the largest single clothing contributions to charities.

Disney Marathon Donations Spread Warmth Across Central Florida | Disney Parks Blog

Reactions: Nick
The marathons bring in tons of visitors and money for Disney during what had been dead times of year. Most runners/families of runners end up staying for a week and making a vacation out of it. It's is a HUGE money maker or Disney would have stopped years ago...

Reactions: Nick