Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 324 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Just curious...but...can we remove the poll? :lol:

Cause I doubt that anyone right now is thinking this will be a journey through the world of My Little Pony...I know we may have some Bronies on here (shall remain nameless) :pound: but yea, poll removal?

:look:don't know what your talking about *hides DVR*

OK, these are various picks from around the park with the camera pointed at the transformer building so some of you guys can get how it looks "around the park" because I think in most cases it blends it or is not seen at all.

20130223_140250_zpsbf6072a8.jpg

20130223_170954_zps27ea548b.jpg

20130223_181725_zpsb185d1e6.jpg

This one was a closeup to show the one side finished
20130223_181747_zps75816596.jpg

20130223_171353_zpseb887a9f.jpg

Another closeup showing the road closed for the day, couldn't touch the building :(
20130223_131651_zps45151382.jpg

Izzy B: Good perspective on the pics. Interesting to see the building as a part of the whole.

Yeah, that was my goal with this last trip, to really turn around and see how it looks. I couldn't always get pictures, but to me it really seemed to blend in well when you are there. I really think tan like the other studio buildings would have stood out more.

Izzy B: Good perspective on the pics. Interesting to see the building as a part of the whole....Yes, I agree Express lines are sometimes long. We generally run into long times on Dudley and sometimes on shows with pre shows. My main point though was that Express lines are usually much shorter than Disney Fast pass. We often have straight Express walk ons at Universal. That very rarely happens at Disney, their Fast pass lines are generally substantial. And that's comparing vacations during the same time of the year.

Izzy B: Good perspective on the pics. Interesting to see the building as a part of the whole....Yes, I agree Express lines are sometimes long. We generally run into long times on Dudley and sometimes on shows with pre shows. My main point though was that Express lines are usually much shorter than Disney Fast pass. We often have straight Express walk ons at Universal. That very rarely happens at Disney, their Fast pass lines are generally substantial. And that's comparing vacations during the same time of the year.

Interesting, because we walk on to so many rides at Disney with express pass. Some always have a line (pooh), but many are walk on (buzz, peter pan) or next show type thing. Sometimes you might have 10 to 20 people in front of you, but you only wait a couple minutes. At Universal I find the same thing. Some rides always have a line (Despicable Me) while others never have a line (Dueling Dragons). I go throughout the year at both parks. Be interesting to get stats of how many people go through an express line vs. fast pass lines throughout the day per ride. I am thinking things like all the mountains have the most people that go through them.

Yeah, that was my goal with this last trip, to really turn around and see how it looks. I couldn't always get pictures, but to me it really seemed to blend in well when you are there. I really think tan like the other studio buildings would have stood out more.

I agree. I think the grey blends in just right, and also gives the building just the right character. I'm glad even the beige color in the lower part is gone :thumbs:

Izzy B; On one of the other sites they've been having My Magic + discussions concerning fast pass ride availability once the advance reservations for fast passes go into effect. Various commentators that said they have worked at Disney, said that generally on a ride with a 1200+ guests per hour capacity, that apx. 600-650 were reserved for fastpasses, not including disabled fastpass access. That seems like a pretty substantial number. I really can't remember seeing Express pass lines at Universal that would equal those figures during the times I was there. Wander if there's anyone on this forum that worked at Universal that would have a apx. number for non peak seasons. We generally ride attractions like Spider Man 3 or 4 straight times without seeing hardly another person in the Express line.

Izzy B; On one of the other sites they've been having My Magic + discussions concerning fast pass ride availability once the advance reservations for fast passes go into effect. Various commentators that said they have worked at Disney, said that generally on a ride with a 1200+ guests per hour capacity, that apx. 600-650 were reserved for fastpasses, not including disabled fastpass access. That seems like a pretty substantial number. I really can't remember seeing Express pass lines at Universal that would equal those figures during the times I was there. Wander if there's anyone on this forum that worked at Universal that would have a apx. number for non peak seasons. We generally ride attractions like Spider Man 3 or 4 straight times without seeing hardly another person in the Express line.

You know, I just thought of what might be the difference between you and I. You are coming down on vacation and probably many of your days are weekdays. Where I am going on weekends and holidays and therefore my days are probably a little busier and we have more locals using their after 4 PM premium passes and things like that. So that may be why my perception of things are different than yours. You may very well be correct that express effects lines less.

Haha, the "tech" has been in Orlando since 1999. :p

Yes, but I recall something about this ride's system being different? I haven't seen a lot of stuff on this in months so I'm re-learning everything rotfl... Is it a carbon copy of Spidey's system, or does it use the elevator/pandora tech that was rumored when it was being built in Cali?

Yes, but I recall something about this ride's system being different? I haven't seen a lot of stuff on this in months so I'm re-learning everything rotfl... Is it a carbon copy of Spidey's system, or does it use the elevator/pandora tech that was rumored when it was being built in Cali?
It does have the elevator element that you're referring to. Not sure what the "pandora" technology is that you speak of... Like a Vekoma Pandora's Box? I don't really know that much about the ride either... I haven't even seen an on ride video of the one in California! :lol: