Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 323 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I wish Express and FP didn't even exist but that's just me.

Before FP/Express, the only reason a line was long was because the park was busy (15 - 20,000+). Now because of FP/Express, on days when less than 10,000 people are in the parks, the standby line of popular attractions (Space/Splash/Big Thunder Mountain, Tower of Terror, Toy Story, Spiderman, FJ, Mummy, etc.) is half an hour or more when it shouldn't be.

I agree with hatetofly. For me, the biggest issue is that I believe these systems encourage the "shot gunning" of rides. You go from one to the next without concern for what is happening in between in an attempt to do as much as possible.

I have to agree that FP/Express can definitely be an issue.

You're in line and see a few people go by you in the FP line. Next thing you know, they go by you again. And then again, again, again . . .

Alright that might be a stretch of the issue but it can happen.

I have to agree that FP/Express can definitely be an issue.

You're in line and see a few people go by you in the FP line. Next thing you know, they go by you again. And then again, again, again . . .

Alright that might be a stretch of the issue but it can happen.

I like how they run the express line on spider-man during busy times, which is probably how it will be run on Transformers.

The back car is usually loaded with Express pass, at least two rows, and the front car is all main line. Single-riders are placed when necessary. Keeps both lines moving.

I have also noticed the express line being stopped for one to two load cycles if the main que gets too backed up. Express holders are happy as are regular guests. Tons of guests scoff at having to pay for express, but this system is much smoother than the free fast pass system at Disney.

I feel like express pass is better than FP. At least by charging additional fees for the express pass it limits the number of users, therefore can reduce the extra time spent in stand by while express pass users go. With fast pass it gets pretty bad. I also feel like it depends on the system and the ratio of express pass users to stand by line users.

Potter attractions are very unlikely to have any sort of Express line, especially if they try and have Gringotts use a magic carpet system. HRRR has such an awful capacity that it causes the lines to triple when Express was tested. HPFJ has the same issue, the popularity of the ride is so high that Express can't be used without tripling the ride wait times. And HPFJ already runs out of queue space. It also prevents the Express system from being overcrowded.

Even if they don't have capacity issues at the new Potter rides, the popularity of the ride in combination with the large droves of people that will come for it equal very bad issues for any sort of Express lane.

I think there's a pretty large difference between fast pass & express lines. Up until this year we usually went in May & April, which are regular, not peak, not slow,attendance seasons. At Disney, the Fast Pass lines were usually fairly crowded. Very rarely a walk on. At Universal, we stay on site, so we have Hotel Express. Universal Express lines are generally walk ons at that time of year. Very rarely more than a handful of people in line. So I doubt that Universal Express affects the regular standby line much at that time of year. But summer & holiday peak times may be a different matter.

I think there's a pretty large difference between fast pass & express lines. Up until this year we usually went in May & April, which are regular, not peak, not slow,attendance seasons. At Disney, the Fast Pass lines were usually fairly crowded. Very rarely a walk on. At Universal, we stay on site, so we have Hotel Express. Universal Express lines are generally walk ons at that time of year. Very rarely more than a handful of people in line. So I doubt that Universal Express affects the regular standby line much at that time of year. But summer & holiday peak times may be a different matter.

Not sure this is always true. I was at Studios two Saturday's ago (this past one too, but didn't ride much) and we never did do despicable me because the express was really long all day. We also waited a bit for men in black (backed up to alien computer room), and ET. Once we gt inside for ET, it was a little bit of wait, so it just wasn't the pre-show wait issue you get there. So I wouldn't say it doesn't effect the regular lines, I saw more people going into express for ET than going into regular.

Just curious...but...can we remove the poll? :lol:

Cause I doubt that anyone right now is thinking this will be a journey through the world of My Little Pony...I know we may have some Bronies on here (shall remain nameless) :pound: but yea, poll removal?

Have to ask Brian, Marc. I think if we remove it, there is a chance it deletes the whole thread.

Update from Florida Thrills Network.....

The "fake garage door" theming continues.

ibkdmsnJzfi5kj.jpg

ibp3MAstEBwcSi.jpg

ib0NSkEZYSl24J.jpg

iHCluVUJwn2Lp.jpg

ibmht0LK7Zqjvz.jpg

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Not sure this is always true. I was at Studios two Saturday's ago (this past one too, but didn't ride much) and we never did do despicable me because the express was really long all day. We also waited a bit for men in black (backed up to alien computer room), and ET. Once we gt inside for ET, it was a little bit of wait, so it just wasn't the pre-show wait issue you get there. So I wouldn't say it doesn't effect the regular lines, I saw more people going into express for ET than going into regular.

I certainly think express pass is a big thing for universal and a great benefit. I probably wouldn't stay on site if it weren't for them and I'm sure lots of others feel the same. It also allows trips for one or two days to seem more desirable because they allow guests to hit every attraction in a short time on busy days. I've only gone to Universal once without express passes and by the end of the trip we ended up buying passes because they make such a huge difference.

I certainly think express pass is a big thing for universal and a great benefit. I probably wouldn't stay on site if it weren't for them and I'm sure lots of others feel the same. It also allows trips for one or two days to seem more desirable because they allow guests to hit every attraction in a short time on busy days. I've only gone to Universal once without express passes and by the end of the trip we ended up buying passes because they make such a huge difference.

I agree. I was just saying that there are people in express. We always have express these days, so I now am able to see the amount of people in the express lines. And it is not small amounts all the time. It probably depends on how many people staying in the resort and what is going on within the resort.

Just curious...but...can we remove the poll? :lol:

Cause I doubt that anyone right now is thinking this will be a journey through the world of My Little Pony...I know we may have some Bronies on here (shall remain nameless) :pound: but yea, poll removal?

I had to look up Bronies :doh: :lol: :pound:

come on, now you got to tell us who they are if not I'll be forced to go to BronyCon 2013 and take pics

Last edited: