Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 325 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
It does have the elevator element that you're referring to. Not sure what the "pandora" technology is that you speak of... Like a Vekoma Pandora's Box? I don't really know that much about the ride either... I haven't even seen an on ride video of the one in California! :lol:

That elevator was the basic thing I was really talking about - and I may be imagining things, but I do recall that the first time around, this elevator tech was referred to as Pandora's Box. In fact I think it was just what you mentioned, a Vekoma Pandora's Box. Does anyone know if I'm making things up in my head? :rofl: Anyway's, that's the big reason I'm excited - yes, it's extremely similar to the spidey style and will probably feel so as well, but I just thought it sounded like a really neat way to make the ride work in a vertical space...

That elevator was the basic thing I was really talking about - and I may be imagining things, but I do recall that the first time around, this elevator tech was referred to as Pandora's Box. In fact I think it was just what you mentioned, a Vekoma Pandora's Box. Does anyone know if I'm making things up in my head? :rofl: Anyway's, that's the big reason I'm excited - yes, it's extremely similar to the spidey style and will probably feel so as well, but I just thought it sounded like a really neat way to make the ride work in a vertical space...

Here's what I found about that tech....
http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/specialities-and-attractions/pandora-s-box

Looks like a totally different tech (still sounds cool though!)

Last edited:
I don't know of anything that uses the Pandora's Box system, and it has been discussed for at least 3 years on a few other industry fan sites I used to frequent, so if they don't have anyone yet and it is a "mature" concept I doubt we'll see it used at all.

The elevator elements are huge tech breakthroughs. It had to cost them millions to develop and make work. Their must have been some hair pulling moments in Singapore. Imagine massive elevators that no one even knows exist... no one knows it happens as it isn't part of the show, per se.

In Universal's newest radio ad, they're advertising that the ride is opening Summer 2013. The ad is just saying APs are on sale for Mardi Gras yet there's no mention of Mardi Gras anywhere, weird huh (there's a LOT more weird in the ad :look:)?

From this afternoon/evening

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_9936.jpg

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_9929.jpg

IMG_9928.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

IMG_9926.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

IMG_9923.jpg

IMG_9922.jpg

IMG_9921.jpg

IMG_9920.jpg

IMG_9919.jpg

IMG_9918.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

IMG_9914.jpg

IMG_9913.jpg

IMG_9912.jpg

IMG_9911.jpg

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_9862.jpg

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9844.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

IMG_9842.jpg

IMG_9838.jpg

IMG_9836.jpg

IMG_9835.jpg

IMG_9833.jpg

I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but thematically speaking all these garage are probably "entrances" for all our Autobot friends, flying or otherwise.

These photos are always so exciting to see, friends! When do you guys predict the outside being done completely?

I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out, but thematically speaking all these garage are probably "entrances" for all our Autobot friends, flying or otherwise.

These photos are always so exciting to see, friends! When do you guys predict the outside being done completely?

Judging by the work I saw today, within two weeks.

I have said before that my prediction is March 3rd/4th.

Forgot one, btw I was ticked that they didn't turn on the lighting tonight.

IMG_0110.jpg

I saw you peaking through the fence and looking to make sure no one was watching Figment... Does the Pumpkin King ring a bell?