Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 440 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
It was briefly up there before I went back and edited it. It's just not something I want to share out in the open. Best I can do is see if HTF will back up that I've previously told him I have an affiliation that should allow me to have info on this topic.

Oh, ha ha. What it was edited to... I was like what the :censored: was just said there? :lol:

But without Team members being able to ride they were not able to complete there certification which is why is wasn't complete for the staff until today. RV's were not cycling due to an issue so therefore training wasn't completed 100%. Is this not correct?

Interesting, so do all team members on all rides have to do this?

So all team members of a ride have ridden that ride? What if some one was afraid of coasters and refused to ride them would that then make them excempt from working on say hulk dragons etc unless they said they suck it up and rode them?

Who operates the ride while the un-certified team members are riding?

Last edited:
Nitro is legit, I would listen to his input :thumbs:

Thank you, Much appreciated.

So all team members of a ride have ridden that ride? What if some one was afraid of coasters and refused to ride them would that then make them excempt from working on say hulk dragons etc unless they said they suck it up and rode them?

It's part of the OJT process, there have been waivers made in the past, but they are very rare.

There has been a team in the building for the past few months cycling the ride. They have to go through the official training process, but they are allowed to run the ride (as they are certified for pre-opening). However until they are signed off on the official training they can not run the ride with non-employees in it.

A ride through is on the training checklist. When you get hired into attractions you're not forced into an attraction that you can't ride. If you tell HR you're terrified of roller coasters you're probably not going to wind up at Hulk/Dragons/Rockit/etc.
There's plenty of opportunity at other attractions! :thumbs:

Just to throw some background info out there. One of the main reasons you want everyone on the team to go on the ride is so they can properly explain it to the guests. Obviously you can watch the ride go around, but it doesn't offer the same ability to answer questions as riding the ride.

Plus being "forced" to ride a ride as part of your training is a great way to show that having fun is key to your new role.

Management and leads walking out of building now. And just so everyone is in the loop softs could start any afternoon from here on out.

Very exciting thanks HTF.

That makes sense about tms riding like when I worked at TGI Fridays you have to sample most or all of the food and cocktails in case someone has a question about then :)

Management and leads walking out of building now. And just so everyone is in the loop softs could start any afternoon from here on out.

I'd be surprised if softs started on a Saturday, but I guess it's possible. If you see them start toying with the outdoor queue, stick around and wait.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if softs started on a Saturday, but I guess it's possible. If you see them start toying with the outdoor queue, stick around and wait.

They won't start Saturday just saying they physically could :lol: I do have the dates though, check the stash shortly :thumbs:

- - - Updated - - -

Update on the Meet and Greet construction, along with something else...

I'm pretty sure the one posted right above is the energon stand. The other two I will explain in the stash. I'm having it proof read by someone or two to make sure I didn't give to much away.

Here's a different angle I took today.

72C398E9-AFFF-43BF-905F-AA08A22FC489-3548-00000B8C546B4C69_zpsb50155d9.jpg

Also I saw team members in nest costumes taking pictures in front of the ride sign. I asked the guy by the sign later if rehearsals would start tomorrow and he said "not for another month" lol. And there were 2 team members guarding/standing in front of the closed exit in the gift shop.

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for the pics, HTF and BrianC! :thumbs:

I think the new structure on the Transformers building is the Energon stand, and the one seen in BrianC's picture is the M&G's photo purchase and pick-up area.