Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Well, does the fact that this is a pit at least confirm that this is a hydraulic lift?

The only thing that can really be confirmed is that it is, in fact, a ride.

As ParkRumors pointed out, the terminology could fit many things. We just see that and automatically think: Transformers. But, remember, this is information that isn't really meant to convey anything to anyone other than the folks who review the permits and the people who are requesting them.

Just to follow-up and give a brief recap so there is no further confusion.

Permit filed for Lift, confirms ride. Transformers comes into discussion based on several sources of insiders. Since it is not confirmed yet by any plans, concept art, or announcement; the ride can still end up being something else.

Screamscape is rarely mistaken, but this time he has gone back and forth with Transformers/Not Transformers. Perhaps as DrAwsome points out it might be the exact layout and ride system used in Transformers but with a different theme.

With how quick they are moving on this and trying to have it open in 2013, it seems like it would be based on something that's already completed, like Transformers. If it were King Kong or something else, wouldn't they need to film/create something completely new and take a bit longer to get this open?

With how quick they are moving on this and trying to have it open in 2013, it seems like it would be based on something that's already completed, like Transformers. If it were King Kong or something else, wouldn't they need to film/create something completely new and take a bit longer to get this open?

As far as Im concerned they probably have been working on this for a long time, SO IF it isnt TF then they could already have said film ready

And those kinda things have to be on public record, right?

I don't know the rules, but there is a foundation permit for SS44 on the website under review. They update it as they go through approvals. It isn't even close right now.

Edit to add: I think the online services are more for their benefit than the public's. The 3 websites allow the requesting party to follow the process without having to call and ask for updates. The public (aside from us) does not benefit from following monotonous permit approvals.

Last edited:
It is amazing that we still aren't sure what this will be. A lot points towards Transformers, a transformers ride system, OR a track system nearly identical to transformers. This is so exciting.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I tend to trust Screamscape, as his connections are usually pretty solid. I just wish there werent so many pop ups on that website!!

anyway, didn't someone on this board say they knew what it was, and that it was something that is already in Singapore? Everything points to TF, but maybe it's not going to be something that big at all.

Okay, Lance's post, especially after talking to him, are puzzling to me. A day or so ago he was not sure what it would be...and now he's dead set, stone cold against Transformers? And with absolutely no reason other than "I believe"? Fishy.

Let's look at the history of this here rumor, shall we?

Step 1: SS44 demo permit is found and sends everyone into a tizzy.
Step 2: People begin speculating, start honing in on TF since it fits and would make sense with the rushed schedule.
Step 3: Universal seemingly let's loose the dogs of war with a fake House of Horrors rumor
Step 4: People start to believe the Haunt rumor for a while.
Step 5: People realize Haunt rumor is kind of dumb considering the mad dash to have this completed.
Step 6: TF rumor gets stronger from sources
Step 7: "Ride Lift pits" permit update found, TF close to "confirmed"
Step 8: Screamscape "sure" it isn't TF, offers no other info...besides that which makes it seem like TF.

So...let's look at the pattern, shall we? Speculation heavily points to TF, then is turned away by a fake rumor. After said fake rumor, Ride Lift pits and insiders point to TF, then Screamscape comes out and says "Nope, no way it's TF." a mere week after saying "The only rumors I'm hearing are Transformers."

We know there is a disinformation trail out there. And it really seems like Lance got wind from someone inside Uni to stop hyping up TF. I could just be looking for something that isn't there, but the pattern fits.

Reactions: Cwoolboy