Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 363 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
Updates from @OrlandoInformer, including a great look at the outdoor queue by Monsters Cafe....

Bad news for [HASHTAG]#Transformers[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL fans here this weekend - confirmed no Optimus & Bumblebee meet-and-greets again until Monday.
The asphalt around [HASHTAG]#Transformers[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL is getting patched. No sign of the Optimus & Bumblebee meet-and-greet.

ibt6mLNZp86Mh6.jpg
Still no significant changes with the front of [HASHTAG]#Transformers[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL. Wonder what they're waiting for...

i7BxkKyZhmqqt.jpg
Outdoor queue space for [HASHTAG]#Transformers[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL looks about done. Should be standing in that line soon!

i2JB2IW0IzEpA.jpg

I have a feeling even if they launch this ride without that extended queue being covered enough guests are going to complain to warrant one soon enough. Florida summers in the sun are just brutal, and being packed in with other bodies in a tight space is going to make it that much worse.

I have a feeling even if they launch this ride without that extended queue being covered enough guests are going to complain to warrant one soon enough. Florida summers in the sun are just brutal, and being packed in with other bodies in a tight space is going to make it that much worse.

Well, that's the thing. They should be well aware of all this.

Well, that's the thing. They should be well aware of all this.

I completely agree Skip it should have been in any initial discussions when bringing up any sort of outdoor queue. I will say that construction is not completed yet so we'll see if this is corrected before opening week.

I can't stand in the sun for more than 30 minutes otherwise i burn so badly!!

Someone needs to invent Factor 5000 sun cream!!! :p

(And really can't believe there is no shade/cover on that queue!! It's quite a design flaw if you ask me)

What in the world is with the outdoor queue? No shade? I hope it's just not installed yet that's for sure. And Teebs, yes a tighter queue makes the ride much more enjoyable :thumbs:

Remember that a lot of Spidey's extended queue is not covered. Only the loading docks.

Also all of the HPFJ Forest and Garden queue is uncovered.

Not saying its a good idea, but its not inconsistent.

Does anyone feel that this queue is out of place? And there has to be more queue just to connect the entrance to this queue. I think that area would be better for the Transformers meet and greet.

All things considered, they have made the best of it that they can in such a limited space. The overflow is nearly the size of the spidy outdoor queue. Having the TF characters out on a street sidewalk works because they are so much easier to see from two directions. Having the two on opposite sides of the building creates more attractions for everyone. One the ride, the other the meet&greet photo op.

I will say that construction is not completed yet so we'll see if this is corrected before opening week.

I wouldn't hold my breath, notice the trees in the middle.

i2JB2IW0IzEpA.jpg

Picture: @OrlandoInformer

No outdoor queue covering for you :lol: it's us bald guys that'll suffer the most though :rofl:

I know what you mean. I wear a hat almost all the time. :lol:

They'll put up misting fans and everything will be fine.

Fans are already up. Misting? not sure.

Also notice the stack of railing on the left yet to be installed.