Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 475 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
I'm just glad we even have him, especially since Hollywood has nothing. I'll be heading out to the parks in an hour or two to see him for myself. I think he looks awesome and I know my friends and I have been anxiously awaiting him.

guys think you are criticizing him to much. He's Optimus prime he is supposed to be standing up in a bold position. I think he looks amazing!!!

I was just there, lots of boring stuff going on. More queue video looping with he same clip almost constantly. Some radio chatter. But the fence around Optimus' hiding spot is pushed back. Going to call it a no soft today, it's a possibility in the coming days. AKA June 1st is looking pretty likely. Ride is cycling though, a bit.

I honestly feel like the statue is nice for what it is. Even though I think the pose is awkward, it looks heroic and really brings out the size of Optimus. Whereas if they'd had him crouching down looking at the guests it wouldn't have been this huge statue thing...

Saw a few what looked like upper level employees looking at and discussing the overflow line on the street.

That overflow line is going to be very interesting this Summer. Everything I've heard states the entire queue can only hold up to ninety minutes worth of guests. This Summer, we are definitely going to see this line go much longer than that. Heck, DM had longer wait times than that last summer. I have heard some people talk about there being holes drilled into the actual street to allow for even more queue, but I haven't gone and seen it with my own two eyes. Yet.

Heck, DM had longer wait times than that last summer

That being said, the capacity of DM is smaller than TF will be.

Wow, really? Who decided that would be an okay maximum length queue? Especially when the attraction is opening right before summer season...

I don't blame them all that much. TF is only going to be carrying the load for about a year. After that Gringotts will be eating up the crowds.

That overflow line is going to be very interesting this Summer. Everything I've heard states the entire queue can only hold up to ninety minutes worth of guests. This Summer, we are definitely going to see this line go much longer than that. Heck, DM had longer wait times than that last summer. I have heard some people talk about there being holes drilled into the actual street to allow for even more queue, but I haven't gone and seen it with my own two eyes. Yet.

Pretty much that entire street along the side of Transformers and Monsters will be blocked off by the super extended queue, that's how many holes they drilled in the street. I'd guess that's easily an extra 90-120 worth.

Pretty much that entire street along the side of Transformers and Monsters will be blocked off by the super extended queue, that's how many holes they drilled in the street. I'd guess that's easily an extra 90-120 worth.

I couldn't believe how much space it takes up when I saw it, like you said, easily 90-120 min

Didnt they already do this to the street? Someone posted a pic of all the poles in the street sometime around when Grad bash was going on

Wow, really? Who decided that would be an okay maximum length queue? Especially when the attraction is opening right before summer season...

I think part of the thinking might have been whether or not they need a long queue for an extended period of time with Potter opening, the new Simpsons area, DM, all of the other new things they are working on. Not that I agree with that line of thinking. Plus, space plays a part into it. This attraction also holds Express and single riders. Express is going to be very popular during the Summer, as it always is, and will take away some of the crowds in the standby queue.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, the capacity of DM is smaller than TF will be.

I don't blame them all that much. TF is only going to be carrying the load for about a year. After that Gringotts will be eating up the crowds.

That is true as well. ;-)

And I touched upon that down below as well, in response to carrying the load for about a year. Of course, even with Forbidden Journey, Spidey and JP still get nice, long queues.

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt they already do this to the street? Someone posted a pic of all the poles in the street sometime around when Grad bash was going on

Yes, sorry. They have done it from what I've been told. I just haven't gone to check it out myself.

- - - Updated - - -

I couldn't believe how much space it takes up when I saw it, like you said, easily 90-120 min

All uncovered. That will be fun.

Headed back to Uni again this Saturday to test out FFB and hit Transformers for softs! Most likely a couple times around on Mummy and sharpening my skills on MIB. We looking at late afternoon softs still? I know its a possibilty from here on out but I dont wanna be off goofin off takin pics while the battle is taking place :lol: