Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I originally saw this attraction in 2004 - my sister, who I guess was around 8 at the time, honestly thought the Triceratops was real. Me being the theme park nut I am knew it was just an advanced robotic - but damn that thing was realistic & cool. It was great for small children and those who for whatever reason didn't want to go on the River Adventure. I hope they reopen it - I'd love to see it again, and the park would really benefit from some more intimate experiences (like the Discovery Center baby hatchings and now this).

^^ No, the Torosaurus is just an old Triceratops.

I loved TE when I was a kid. I mis it, and it'd be awesome if they brought it back as it was. Even awesomer if they add something to it.

^^ No, the Torosaurus is just an old Triceratops.

I loved TE when I was a kid. I mis it, and it'd be awesome if they brought it back as it was. Even awesomer if they add something to it.

More thrill. :lol: (kidding). If it's just a 100% restoration project, I will be happy with that. :)

Well this is definitely good news, I hope the storyline is modified to keep guests interested.

That's total nonsense. First of all, brontosaurus was a crude name for a species that is now formally known as apatasourus. Next, there are many many ways that there are no known torosaurus baby fossils. High predation, fragility of the bones, etc. Last the "clear transition" is almost certainly a product of evolution from one species to the other, or from differential evolution causing the two species to live in the same environment. There also could have been some coevolution meaning the two evolved from each other's influence. There is undeniable evidence that both of these species existed dependently. However, I do not have a time machine to go back and check.

Now I'm getting :focus: This would no doubt be my favorite walkthroguh type attraction if it re-opened and I got to see it.

I was out there on Sunday and took a few shots:

mnsshpother101.jpg

mnsshpother103.jpg

mnsshpother107.jpg

Reactions: GrahamSHAZAM
That looks like a lot of replacement going on there. I do hope to they bring this back, it was a pretty cool attraction.

I was at the parks early this morning and both my friend and I heard some form of audio coming from within Triceratops Encounter. I have a short video which I can upload later...but I can definitely hear "We appologize ..... and thank you for your co-operation."

You are back here again UF from Toronto? My word, I live a few miles away and have an annual pass and you have visited more than I. (yep, I am wasting my money) Hope you are all having a blast.

Interesting stuff, UF! Yet another piece of evidence piling up on this attraction reopening. Definitely would be interested in seeing the video (not that I don't believe you).

I am not trying to be a downer and I can not tell the placement of where you were in the video. (I know its almost all but confirmed that Trike is planned on coming back) but is there any chance this audio was for the flyers?