Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 36 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal already had improved on the Soarin' System, before it was ever even constructed, and it was called Back to the Future.

Disney used the Spider-Man AND Men in Black tech when they built Toy Story Mania. The way I see it, Universal owes them one. :thumbs:

Technically Universal just improved on Buzz Lightyear tech. But i think It could be done. Its the experience that matters, not just the ride vehicles.

The tech for MIB and Buzz has been around since the 80's at least. It's called laser tag. I'll give Disney credit: They worked with a 3rd party to create new technology for Toy Story Mania.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but the return time ticket machines are now in place. I couldn't get any good pictures, though.

Also, even though this is somewhat off topic, there is a new vehicle by the Spinosaurus now.

053-3.jpg

054-3.jpg

Trike was open, and they were using more of what I think was the original queue (I never actually was there during its first years). The trike sneezed, urinated, farted, and moved much more that when I first saw it in December. They still asked people to fill out surveys on the attraction, which I did.

What did it ask?

How would you rate: triceratops, vets, experiece, audio volume, etc., which trike did you see, how much did you like the: sneezing, urinating, moving, baby trike (if you saw it), would you reccomend a friend visit Jurassic Park just for Triceratops Encounter, would you visit Trike Encounter again, and more that I can't recall, then demographic information.

I am at TE now, the TM said today is the last day of operation for the season.

Damn. I was there yesterday and got to see it for the first time in 7 years - lucky me I guess.

I did not have as positive an experience as mantaguy - I got Chris. The eye I was facing was stuck closed & he still had lockjaw. Movement was solid but nothing like I remembered. Tail wagging was minimal. He only sneezed twice - no urinating, and sadly no baby trike (I know that's a chance encounter and I wasn't expecting it). Trike never got agitated either. Our vet seemed VERY bored and really phoned it in - there was no enthusiasm and absolutely no drama or excitement throughout the experience. They also the cut the magical "let the kids touch the dino" portion that I remember fondly from 04 (specifically because I was selected to stroke his beak).

In its current iteration, I'm kind of glad it's going. The whole thing was lifeless - Trike did not move like he used to, vet was mediocre, and absolutely no drama at all in the creatures (I remember previously he would get agitated and would start moving around violently, and the vet would administer some medication to cool him down). Once you saw the trike for 10 seconds, that's really all you needed, since he did nothing of note afterwards. More to come in my review including a clip of the experience (so you can compare it to yours and tell me if I just got an unlucky cycle). The baby trike seriously would've helped big time.

I was at IOA yesterday and I saw that it was closed around 7:00 last night. The queue was closed off and there were TMs saying that it was closed for the night. Here are a few pictures I took:

30ihoc3.jpg

2nm3fc5.jpg

2zisniu.jpg