Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think if you had the trikes along the pathway through the island, and an awesome new simulator ride in place of the encounter, Jurassic Park would finally be complete.

I think if you had the trikes along the pathway through the island, and an awesome new simulator ride in place of the encounter, Jurassic Park would finally be complete.

I feel a simulator might work. Of corse they would more than likely have Mr. Speilburg backing up the project. Hopefully :pray:

I would like to see the trikes on the Island somewhere. I am not sure why they are so much more to maintain than the AAs on JPRA. I understand they are more complex.

Anyways, I haven't heard any rumblings about TE, but I would like to see the tax code that UO is using.

Come on guys, a standard simulator is not going to be something Universal would install. It's old technology. Universal either replaces something with a new type of ride system or refurbs an old attraction. That's how it's been in the past at least. I can't see them adding a major ride with a standard ride system. Just doesn't make sense.

Interesting rumor from Screamscape:

According to at least one insider, the queue renovations taking place in the former Triceratops Encounter area is to make way for a new Wizarding World of Harry Potter Return Time Ticket distribution center location. From what I’m told the plan is to install a few automatic kiosk machines here and at a second location outside of Sinbad, which I’m guessing will work pretty much like a FastPass style system.

This has nothing to do with the expansion. The expansion will not be taking over any part of Jurassic Park.

Thank god, I think it would take away from the theme of the island as rumours said a dark ride would be amazing! I think IMO its just going to re-open permanently (I hope)

Come on guys, a standard simulator is not going to be something Universal would install. It's old technology. Universal either replaces something with a new type of ride system or refurbs an old attraction. That's how it's been in the past at least. I can't see them adding a major ride with a standard ride system. Just doesn't make sense.

No, but the original plans/concept art for Jurassic Park included Helicoptours, a simulator much like Soarin' at Epcot.

On a different note, that rumor deeply saddens me. Jurassic Park had so much potential.

No, but the original plans/concept art for Jurassic Park included Helicoptours, a simulator much like Soarin' at Epcot.

On a different note, that rumor deeply saddens me. Jurassic Park had so much potential.

Oh my that would be amazing to have a soarin ride but going over Isla Nublar with all the dinosaurs. It would be pretty epic, I just had a mental image :lol: We need this!

Hmm. This kind of makes sense but I don't like it. They have already destroyed a huge chunk of the JP magic. The last 1000' north exit from JP has become Jurassic Potter. A financial success, and a theme park design failure which will never matter as it is such a financial money maker. I think not a few of us wish it could have been more concealed/separated and not so grossly intrusive on one land.

Hmm. This kind of makes sense but I don't like it. They have already destroyed a huge chunk of the JP magic. The last 1000' north exit from JP has become Jurassic Potter. A financial success, and a theme park design failure which will never matter as it is such a financial money maker. I think not a few of us wish it could have been more concealed/separated and not so grossly intrusive on one land.

I feel exactly the same way. Seeing the Jurassic Park sign with a Wizarding school in the background is just flat odd. You pass the gate all confused and start subconsciously uttering phrases like, "what do they got in there, Hungarian Horntail?"

Fair enough. Except those plans were before Soarin. There's no way universal would add a similar ride. It's not like them.