Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm... it will be interesting to see if they open this up. Something is going on obviously.

I think the presentation and final climax (doesn't exist now) should be that all visitors must leave because there has been a breech of the compound; subwoofer thumps and dino screams outside the building etc. Similar story to JPRV I know, but, to have sirens and electric fence warning lights going off would give an edge of thrill to the reason to leave while the team "gets the situation under control".

Sure, a few little ones would panic and cry... but that is part of the fun of a theme park... just watch the many videos of little kids on JAWS. A dramatic end to an otherwise cute and peaceful encounter.

Frankly having a few experiences where things don't go horribly wrong add to the legit Zoo for dinos feel. If you do that in more than one attraction with the same theme it takes away from the impact of danger.

Frankly having a few experiences where things don't go horribly wrong add to the legit Zoo for dinos feel. If you do that in more than one attraction with the same theme it takes away from the impact of danger.

I doubt that it would take away from the threat of JPRA or SM or Mummy... it is baked into those attractions rather well. The entire thread, or canon if you will, of JP is that there is serious danger where there seems to be none because all is "under control". TE needs, and has always needed a bit of zest. If they could have animated the robot to get super agitated, move violently and screech at the end of the encounter... that would have fulfilled that... but we don't have that and it would cost megabucks to add/create.

I doubt that it would take away from the threat of JPRA or SM or Mummy... it is baked into those attractions rather well. The entire thread, or canon if you will, of JP is that there is serious danger where there seems to be none because all is "under control". TE needs, and has always needed a bit of zest. If they could have animated the robot to get super agitated, move violently and screech at the end of the encounter... that would have fulfilled that... but we don't have that and it would cost megabucks to add/create.

While I agree that there needs to be zest, I am not sure that this is the way to do it.

I think if you were prepped for something with the Triceratops with something being wrong, like a cold, and trying to fix the cold by using different remedies, or something else... idk

TE is indeed opening, but don't get excited. Nothing major the the queue, just tidying up and gettting things back up to code, hence the permits. Open 70 day +/- then again for the holidays...then closed forever...farwell TE!
Um... Closing it permanently would make no sense after all the work they've done. I'm sorry, but where on earth are you getting your info from??

I still think TE makes the perfect preshow for the river adventure! it it could only be moved over and the River adventure Queue Would then rival Potter's/Mummy's

I still think TE makes the perfect preshow for the river adventure! it it could only be moved over and the River adventure Queue Would then rival Potter's/Mummy's
I guess it could work, but I feel like people would just run past it without really looking at it if it were in a queue.

In order for Universal to close this and write it off (taxes) it had to be open in 2011. Tax Law. Boring. Anyway, it's a technicality. The write off is astronomical, but IRS requires the asset not only to function, but be near original state. Sad, but true. ADIOS TE!

In order for Universal to close this and write it off (taxes) it had to be open in 2011. Tax Law. Boring. Anyway, it's a technicality. The write off is astronomical, but IRS requires the asset not only to function, but be near original state. Sad, but true. ADIOS TE!

Sorry, but I disagree with this.
Why would they renovate the rest of the original queue, freshen up the whole experience, and build a new path? Just to close it down the following year? It doesn't make much sense to me...

Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm not correct. Read up on some Tax Law and you'll see the reason Universal is doing this. I'm delivering factual information, not trying to debate. It is what it is...

--- Update ---

Additionally, you said it doesn't make sense...logic and reason does not apply when the IRS is concerned.

Just because you disagree doesn't mean I'm not correct. Read up on some Tax Law and you'll see the reason Universal is doing this. I'm delivering factual information, not trying to debate. It is what it is...

--- Update ---

Additionally, you said it doesn't make sense...logic and reason does not apply when the IRS is concerned.

I don't think he is disagreeing with your law facts, but rather Universal closing the attraction. How do you know it's closing? Why and for what?

I don't think he is disagreeing with your law facts, but rather Universal closing the attraction. How do you know it's closing? Why and for what?

As I explained above, they are closing it for a tax write off. How do I know? It's not a secret. I have friends who work there. I forgot I was on OU. :) Typically these forums are more interested in thinking what you each would like to think rather than knowing the truth. Speak on young friends :)