Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
UPDATE: Looked around today, didn't see anything new, I noticed that the pathways are still littered with old debris, and I didn't get to hear any noise. However, I still have a strong feeling that this attraction is coming back.

Interesting find there. I was there over the weekend and was able to sneak a peek behind the potted plants they placed at the old entrance. It seems ready for people...Of course I couldn't see the whole queue so for all I know it could be another half a year or so before the darned thing re-opens. OH, and the painting of the trike out front is done. Nothin special really, almost made it look older to be honest.

Possibly, this was a neat walkthrough and I personally miss it because it was another attraction to draw people away from the others, and if they were to bring it back, it wouldn't be HUGELY popular, but people would stop in to see it.

I don't recall but why did they close TE anyways?

I would assume cost versus benefit. How many people were going through this, how long were they spending in it, how much was it costing to pay the actors, how much was it to maintain the Animatronics... all comes down when they compare it to some other attractions.

When attendance declines you want to remove some of the higher costing and less benefiting items from your spreadsheets, and she fell victim I guess.

i talked to a friend of mine that works there and she says there has been nothing about it reopening in their employee newsletter. it could be a new attraction.

Well that would be interesting, I wonder what kind of new attraction they could put in there in the outdoors that would work?

Universal has decided to give all us a HUGE gift for the holidays, and will probably be opening Triceritops Encounter back up in december. Today I looked and saw the pathways completely clear and got a little exited, looked closer and saw the queue lights on and got even more excited, and then for the biggest surprise of my day... Universal Creative designers were in one of the Trike habitats and it looked just like they were programing one of the trikes, if not they were definitely doing design work for the habitat since there was construction equipment and crews as well. To verify the Decemeber opening I was told that "Mr. Hammonds trikes should be ready for viewing by December". I love Universal.

Wow that is fantastic, and they need more attractions open to help disperse the holiday crowds from WW.