Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What a surprise... there were still piles of pathway lights and stuff on pallets last Friday. One thing is sure, the plants have been completely maintained right along. So, at least the company knew that it must be maintained or the plants would have eaten up the whole thing in one year let alone 5.

Ok most pictures did not turn out dang it but these two randoms did. While I passed by there were people working on light fixtures, setting up new queue lines, and there were people working on the plants as well sorry I didn't get more but oh well.

2zh3w4k.jpg

2zel0l0.jpg

universal has decided to give all us a huge gift for the holidays, and will probably be opening triceritops encounter back up in december. Today i looked and saw the pathways completely clear and got a little exited, looked closer and saw the queue lights on and got even more excited, and then for the biggest surprise of my day... Universal creative designers were in one of the trike habitats and it looked just like they were programing one of the trikes, if not they were definitely doing design work for the habitat since there was construction equipment and crews as well. To verify the decemeber opening i was told that "mr. Hammonds trikes should be ready for viewing by december". I love universal.
yes! Yes!! Yes!!!

I think they shut down this ride a few years ago because of falling attendance, now that its coming back up, some of the cost cutting moves are being reversed. Hence why Poseidon's tunnel was put back on, and not Trike is coming back too :happy:

The only thing to worry about is will it stay after the big holiday Potter crowd rush or will close again until Spring Break? Become a seasonal Fear Factor kind of deal for IoA if you will like it was before it closed solid the last time.

I really hope it stays.

I would assume cost versus benefit. How many people were going through this, how long were they spending in it, how much was it costing to pay the actors, how much was it to maintain the Animatronics... all comes down when they compare it to some other attractions.

When attendance declines you want to remove some of the higher costing and less benefiting items from your spreadsheets, and she fell victim I guess.
Actually the head fell off and is now being reconstructed they thought it would just be better to shut it down for a while.... 7 years XD

I think they might be joking, as far as I know the ride was shutdown for operational cost concerns.

Nope, they are bringing back a great walkthrough attraction. They don't get the recognition they deserve, a good walkthrough attraction brings whole-ness to your theme park day.

Nope, they are bringing back a great walkthrough attraction. They don't get the recognition they deserve, a good walkthrough attraction brings whole-ness to your theme park day.

THIS.

The park already has three great Dark rides with two of them being Eticket huge scale staple attractions. Many other attractions around the park also have dark ride elements to them.

Trike is exactly what JP needs back and adds more variety to the park.

IMO JP needs more than trike to balance out such a massive land. Darkride or coaster I don't care but something is needed.

Each Island or land in a theme park typically has one E-ticket. Not every land needs to have a mass amount of rides and JP has a great (when fully working) E ticket with Jurassic Park River Adventure, the entire Discovery Center which is full of details and mini shows with elements right from the first book/film. The Trike Encounter is a great walk through attraction that gives it that edge of being a working zoo with biologically generated dinos. Then there is Camp Jurassic for the kids with massive themed enviorments anyone can enjoy.

Not every island or land can be Marvel, Potter or Frontierland.

I can't wait to get back to IOA in December and see Triceratops Encounter in operation again. With the water vortex, I'll want to see Poseidon's Fury for the first time again since they turned it off. Glad to see Universal taking that Potter money and putting it right back in the park!

TE is too small of an addition imo, but it will do for the time being. But in the long term i excpect a new ride in JP that has a little more then just a walkthrough or a water ride. I just feel that as of now, JP is a little light on "rides" ( pteradon doesnt count). I know the theming is the best in the park, but a nice new ride to go with this theming would make JP the best island imo.

I've been saying since I first joined online communities. A Raptor Encounter - Alien Encounter Style.

I wish that could happen. But, I'm just going to repeat what many have said before me. JP cannot be all about disasters. That's what JPRA is for. Remember, This is John Hammond's second chance at a Dino-Park except it's located in Orlando and not off the coast of Coasta Rica.