Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love JP and would love another ride but the land isn't exactly light on attractions. With Triceratops open, it has more attractions than any other land besides Seuss Landing.

I wish that could happen. But, I'm just going to repeat what many have said before me. JP cannot be all about disasters. That's what JPRA is for. Remember, This is John Hammond's second chance at a Dino-Park except it's located in Orlando and not off the coast of Coasta Rica.

That's why Trike Encounter and Camp Jurassic is there. :lol:

They should use Kuka Technology to lower you in and out of a cage with animatronic raptors and such chaging at you (Or something along those lines). Something could go wrong and instead of the cow being lowered into the cage, Your the raptors lunch. :lol:

They should use Kuka Technology to lower you in and out of a cage with animatronic raptors and such chaging at you (Or something along those lines). Something could go wrong and instead of the cow being lowered into the cage, Your the raptors lunch. :lol:

that sounds amazing

--- Update ---

would they ever remake the ride

I would pee myself.

The only way I see a Raptor freaky Alien Encounter type special effects experience ever working in thematically and in the space is if they take out one of the exhibit areas of the Discovery Center and make that the queue and entrance into an extended area room that looks like the 'ride' from the first movie that they go on where it has the screen and goes through some of the labs. And of course at one point a Raptor containment situation goes awfully wrong and chaotic. I imagine some amazing practical effects beyond glass that would give the illusion of breaking by the end of the show and everything else.

The only way I see a Raptor freaky Alien Encounter type special effects experience ever working in thematically and in the space is if they take out one of the exhibit areas of the Discovery Center and make that the queue and entrance into an extended area room that looks like the 'ride' from the first movie that they go on where it has the screen and goes through some of the labs. And of course at one point a Raptor containment situation goes awfully wrong and chaotic. I imagine some amazing practical effects beyond glass that would give the illusion of breaking by the end of the show and everything else.

I could possibly see something like that. Like maybe a ride that looks like an Omnimover tour of the facility, but then part of the ride is terrorized by raptors. I don't know. Jurassic Park can't have several dinosaurs-attacking-people rides. I just see JPRA as an "isolated incident" and the rest of JP is Hammond's dream realized. I'd love more exhibits, even with some danger (Helicoptours!) but no more escaped dinosaurs.

from your mouth to gods ears

I can appreciate why the island should have some "nothing goes wrong" attractions, and although I don't go to those attractions, I think they should stay. However, Jurassic Park is all about dinosaurs attacking people. If another attraction is added, it should follow this premise. I would like to see a "part 2" of JPRA. The dinosaurs are loose and wreaking havoc. You were able to escape the Rex and raptors in JPRA, but you obviously have not escaped the island. Part 2 should be that escape from the island.

After you exit JPRA, there could be an alternate exit that would take you to the escape ride. Of course you wouldn't have to ride JPRA first, but I think it would be a neat detail if one attraction led to the next.

On the escape ride, everyone could board SUVs similar to the ones the group took the tour in in JP1. The ride would start off with a quick attack from the raptors right off the bat, but nothing lengthy. Just a warm up. From there, the jeep drives through the jungle roads at the edge of control in the rain, which would be exciting enough due to anticipation of what is to come. Then suddenly a rex comes out of the jungle, and the SUV spins out of control and drives over a fallen limb. The SUV is stuck momentarily, and the rex takes the opportunity to rip the roof off the SUV. The driver tries to drive over the limb (would need a similar arrangement to Jaws), and just as the Rex is leaning down to try to get a snack, the driver breaks free of the limb and speeds off. The next scene would be similar to the chase seen also from JP1. Not sure how the escape from the Rex would end, I'll leave that up to the experts.

I think by combining some of these famous scenes from JP1 into one ride it would be a HIT. There probably isnt the space for this unless it's all a simulator, but I think what makes JPRA so cool is that the dinos are tangible. All the scenes couldn't have AA's, especially the chase scene, but I think if an AA Rex ripped off the SUV's roof and you see deep into it's mouth as it's leaning down to try to eat you would be AMAZING. It will never happen, but one can dream.

Going off of that idea, I think that could be ground breaking, simulator ride where the roof is also a full screen so it would be possible to simulate the roof being ripped off, but the chase scene would have to have the car going in reverse in order to see the trex in front of you.

Going off of that idea, I think that could be ground breaking, simulator ride where the roof is also a full screen so it would be possible to simulate the roof being ripped off, but the chase scene would have to have the car going in reverse in order to see the trex in front of you.

Going off that idea of that idea, maybe they could create a dual simulator ride on a track. Give it two stations both with an entry and exit. One end of the track themed to an escape with an access path from JPRA(this can be another walkthrough attraction themed to escaping the island), to connect the two experiences and one for regular riders who dont want to ride JPRA, but want the" Island escape" experience.

Pretty much what im getting is that the ride cycles between two different programs and one side of the station is the helicopter departure to JP and one is the "escape".

Pretty magical idea... doubt it would ever happen...

Sorry to say that, but it won't... There's still some work that needs to be done.
I was there today, and as the site already posted, the lights were on, and I captured a video showing all the dinosaur sounds coming from the queue of TE.

How do you you know this Samuele? Do you have contacts within the company that have told you so?