Triceratops Encounters Return | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Triceratops Encounters Return

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^Don't get too excited- the same overview, scooted a bit to the North, shows no Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rock-It- it's not that recent ;)

His point was that it is MORE recent... and in this more recent photo... the boats are not there. He used the words "fairly recent" which is a generalization yet still correct. It is unhelpful to mince words just because you can and it makes you feel superior.

Thanks for the observation kp1zza

ON, another note... wikipedia states that there were three different boats. Challenge: Can anyone find a picture of the third model? I did a cursory search and turned up nothing. Surprised that I did not even notice the boats in 1999, but with the over-the-top theming of IOA... it is is not surprising. I was overwhelmed to near tears at its magnificent execution back then.

Last edited:
It is unhelpful to mince words just because you can and it makes you feel superior.

:confused:
What the heck are you talking about? I only pointed out that neither overview was recent. For all we know, the boats could've been scrapped, or they could be elsewhere on property, or something else. I didn't say anything to make myself feel "superior", and I honestly wonder where you're getting this idea from.

:confused:
What the heck are you talking about? I only pointed out that neither overview was recent. For all we know, the boats could've been scrapped, or they could be elsewhere on property, or something else. I didn't say anything to make myself feel "superior", and I honestly wonder where you're getting this idea from.

He is a new member, and you left him with the following feeling:

"way to steal my ever-so-faint rumble of thunder "

What he presented was true... and you could say "thank you, good point". And then add that they may be in storage.

^Guess what? I'm a new member (newer than kp1zza, actually), and you've left me with the feeling I'm all full of myself and trying to make myself feel "superior" :p

My post, in response to kp1zza's original post, was friendly- hence the ";)" face. If you or him want to take it any other way, so be it. Your fault, your problem.

Alright boys. It's online, certain responses can be taken in a way that the original poster didn't intend on it being interpretated. Let's move it right along. :thumbs:

Here is the third boat...

ioamarvel003s.jpg

ioamarvel032s.jpg

ioaportofentry034s.jpg

ioaportofentry052s.jpg

ioatoonlagoon002s.jpg

.​

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Island Skipper Tours? It was a pointless attraction that was a money and time trap. In the 10 minutes you waited to get on your boat and then the 5 minute boat ride you could already be at the back of the park. Walking is far easier, doesn't cost maintenance, and you don't have to pay boat captains.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Island Skipper Tours? It was a pointless attraction that was a money and time trap. In the 10 minutes you waited to get on your boat and then the 5 minute boat ride you could already be at the back of the park. Walking is far easier, doesn't cost maintenance, and you don't have to pay boat captains.

Actually - this whole boat thing is new to me at IoA, it precedes my time in Orlando I guess....... and I was wondering what the point of them are. The park is small enough to get from one side to the other in 5 minutes. The boats do look cool, especially the bus one. But they don't seem to have any real practical purpose.

Actually - this whole boat thing is new to me at IoA, it precedes my time in Orlando I guess....... and I was wondering what the point of them are. The park is small enough to get from one side to the other in 5 minutes. The boats do look cool, especially the bus one. But they don't seem to have any real practical purpose.

To be honest it was more of an experience attraction rather than transportation. It does take you to the furthest point which would be the discovery center. And families who are tired of walking or have elderly or little ones it made a great option to start where they maybe left off the day before.

The experience of riding in these themed custom boats were also neat. Not to mention there is a lot of detail you can simply not see from inside the islands. The isalnds were designed with that Toon Lagoon hard to see detail for a reason and you can only realy get a good look at a lot of the detail through the Island Skipper Tours. Skippers were often spitting out stats and facts with some information about each island at one point in time.

I think it is pretty neat and adds a lot of atmosphere. To circle and see Sneech Beach and Toon Lagoon plus the Lost Continent theming was really neat to see from there. Potter should be fun too but it was sad to realize how muchd etail was put into the enchanted oak with roots and everything else that was really only clealy seen via the island skipper tours. You also have the fact there are tons of new great photo oppertunities and chances to get really close to some things. Just take a look at the images with popeye's in them.

I think its pretty cool.

Brian is out at Islands of Adventure right now and both of these theories definitely have some credibility..

They are currently cleaning out debris of the Triceratops Encounter queue and there are survey flags by the old Skipper Tours entrance.

This doesn't mean it's definite, but definitely shows there's some weight to these rumors.

Thanks for keeping us informed, Drew and Briman. I would really love to see these attractions return.

It doesn't really matter whether the boat tours are all that useful, but I think Universal is a little worried about the parks carrying capacity after HP opens. So they are opening anything that can take bodies out of the lines of the major attractions

It doesn't really matter whether the boat tours are all that useful, but I think Universal is a little worried about the parks carrying capacity after HP opens. So they are opening anything that can take bodies out of the lines of the major attractions

Definately agreed and think that is a mojor reason for their return. They are going to need more things to do. More things to do, less crowded each attraction will get. Especially when Potter could possibly bring capacity levels for a while.