Twister...Ride It Out | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Twister...Ride It Out

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think the Tonight Show would fit well at the park. I'm thinking something more like SNL, where they can get audience members to act out funny skits with cast members. Seems more legit. :thumbs:

As everyone else has said, I would love a replacement for twister, but nothing cheesy as all of the suggestions
I will however hold my tongue if such plans are in shape. I wind up liking Gringotts, and FJ (Although I prefer Gringotts ride system far more) even though I didnt think I would. I wind up not liking transformers as much as I thought I would. So If they wind up building a show, cool. Lets see how it turns out.

But.... Twister IS a show. Not being difficult, just saying.

Twister is a show, but not in the conventional -everyone sit down and listen to people talk and do funny things- type of show. It's more of a ride in that sense. The practical effects alone makes it much more interesting than any time of show ideas being thrown around in this thread.

I do enjoy twister and really would like to see what could be a complied if they updated it. But if it has to go I would hope it would be another special effects walk through attraction.

I always wanted this ride to go but now I regret every single time I bad mouthed it... yeah I rather just have them keep it if thats going to be the case.

That's how I feel. The sooner it goes the better but if it's going to be a non-practical effects show then I'd rather just keep Twister.

Hmm a sit down show...added capacity and time...seems logical

Although I would like to see a TMNT attraction in the New York area though

Well I think we need twister in some way. If disaster is leaving we won't really have a effects demo anywhere in the resort anymore and while that may be a joy for some I feel like it's somewhat of a tradition at universal parks. I think the main problem we all have with twister and why it's on the chopping block is because of it's name. Twister is such a stupid movie that it's pretty much a guilty pleasure at the most for people. If they just changed the preshow film and renamed the show to "tornado encounter" I'm almost positive nobody would have a problem with it. It really doesn't need a movie tie in whatsoever and it's a shame that it has one

The main problem with Twister is it lacks the intensity and awe factor when its not your first time. Once they fix that, I'm sure for awhile it will be a family and crowd favorite.

You replace Twister with anything less that a 250 Million dollar Z Ticket and I'm pissed!

LONG LIVE THE PAX!!

Reactions: USO92
You replace Twister with anything less that a 250 Million dollar Z Ticket and I'm pissed!

LONG LIVE THE PAX!!
What if they made an aliens walkthrough attraction with a Paxton animatronic? Whatever replaces this show MUST have some sort of Paxton Easter egg in it or someone will have some real explaining to do

just a idea if they would close it in the future but... What about a version of SES from Hollywood coming to Orlando? It'd not be a bad idea, it'd have a venue just when Beetlejuice/FFL gets the dozer, and I think they can do something really interesting with it.

Turn Twister into a USF tour. The ride area can just become a station of some sort, loading platform if you may, and then have a ride system that takes you around universal almost like the backlot tour.

I still love Twister. The problem is (like many UO attractions) they get old VERY quickly, especially when they're themed off a movie or TV show. Unlike Disney where they're instant classics and everyone knows them forever. For example when Jimmy Neutron first opened in 2003, everyone knew the cartoons in the ride because they were POPULAR and AIRING. Almost all of the cartoon characters in the ride were from the late 90s and early 2000s. But by 2011 very little people had interest or even knew who the cartoons were in the ride anymore (also Universal's contract ended with Nickelodeon), so JN closed.

If there's gonna be an attraction based off some sort of media, it has to be a well known franchise or be popular enough to live a long life.