Two contractors brawl at IOA | Inside Universal Forums

Two contractors brawl at IOA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2012
NYC
Two contractors get into New Year's Day brawl at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Orlando Sentinel

Orlando police responded to Universal's Islands of Adventure Friday morning after two contractors got into a fight there.

Police responded to the theme park around 9:30 a.m. in reference to the battery.

Investigating officers quickly found the suspect and victim, both men, police said. The victim was taken to an area hospital for treatment, according to police.

The extent of his injuries are unknown at this time.

Police do not currently know a reason for the physical altercation. The suspect was detained, pending the outcome of the investigation and possible charges, police said.

Neither the victim nor the suspect have been identified. Police have not said where in the theme park the fight happened.

I'm confused.... were these contractors working on the park or just guests who happened to be contractors?

I'm confused.... were these contractors working on the park or just guests who happened to be contractors?
The article got updated with a quote from Tom Schroder:

Universal Orlando spokesman Tom Schroder said no park guests were involved in the fight.

"This was an incident that involved people who worked for a contractor," Schroder said in a statement. "No guests were involved, no Universal Orlando team members were involved."

Hmm... daytime. It sounds as if it was crew members from either Kong or Hulk. Job performance related perhaps or just some outside of work disagreement not related to their jobs.

I found out about it kinda. I don't feel free to discuss but I can tell you that it didn't happen with attraction builders at all, but one of the many day to day contractors in the parks. The climax of the scuffle was both ghastly and hilarious to me. (I have a really dark dark sense of humor)

Yeah you do... Even I found nothing funny about it. It was senseless.. Maybe the irony of how it ended was one thing but definitely nothing funny about it. Once the media gets a hold of the police reports everyone will know but imo I wish I didn't know. Just a senseless act. Thoughts and prayers to the victim.

Yeah you do... Even I found nothing funny about it. It was senseless.. Maybe the irony of how it ended was one thing but definitely nothing funny about it. Once the media gets a hold of the police reports everyone will know but imo I wish I didn't know. Just a senseless act. Thoughts and prayers to the victim.

Now now... keep in mind that if I knew the resulting details of the hospitalized, I would be horrified by it too. I don't and I really do not want to know. All that my mind could handle of it was to wrap it in a HHN comedy guise. I am not a cruel person at all... but I do find ways to handle the horrible stuff of this world. I am sure Universal is ripping the contractor a new ******* over allowing such a person to work in their park. I would cancel the contract until further notice. There must be a criminal history to the person in question. They are going to prison.