Two contractors brawl at IOA | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Two contractors brawl at IOA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've heard some funny attempted murder stories.

Ones that involve scissors don't exist.

Ok, I am really curious about this now. I imagine most of us will have to wait for the police report to be released. Did any guests witness this? Based on what you guys are stating a kid seeing this would have been awful.

Ok, I am really curious about this now. I imagine most of us will have to wait for the police report to be released. Did any guests witness this? Based on what you guys are stating a kid seeing this would have been awful.

Just the description of the event is awful enough, can't imagine those who saw it..

There are full details of the event in an article on Orlando Informer.

There are full details of the event in an article on Orlando Informer.

Wow, that is crazy. Not what I expected when they said brawl. Also sounds like guests could have seen it, which is awful. What was that guy thinking? I mean seriously he had to know it was not going to end well for himself either. I just don't understand people doing things like that.

Reactions: anihilnation
Wow, just wow. It takes some serious force to jam a pair of scissors through someone's skull into their brain.

My prayers go out to Glenn and his loved ones.

First off sorry that this guy was hurt this badly in the park. Second do you think the scissors were there to cut the pictures drawn?
Do you think Universal is going to sweep both parks for things that can be used as weapons ? Will this make them send employee's thru metal detectors ?If this guy carried it in.

First off sorry that this guy was hurt this badly in the park. Second do you think the scissors were there to cut the pictures drawn?
Do you think Universal is going to sweep both parks for things that can be used as weapons ? Will this make them send employee's thru metal detectors ?If this guy carried it in.
You can't really take away all the tools needed to work. It's sad and unfortunate but some situations really are unpreventable.

You can't really take away all the tools needed to work. It's sad and unfortunate but some situations really are unpreventable.

Agreed. What if the disgruntled employee was a chef, you can't take their knives away. Sometimes these things are going to happen. It is not the fault of Universal this happened and I don't think they could have prevented it. It might give them a little bad PR, but must people when they hear the full story will realize it was some crazy person and there was nothing Universal could have done.

I hope the victim gets better quickly, but it sounds very serious. From comments I have read on other websites it sounds like the guy was very nice and we'll respected. So it is a shame this happened to him and his family.

To echo what Disneyhead said, wow...just WOW. I don't know him personally, but prayers for Glenn's speedy and full recovery. Miracles can and DO happen.

Reactions: Cole
Good lord that's terrible, I would expect something like this from guests but definitely not contractors of the resort. Thoughts are with Glenn, thank god the other one is going to prison

Good lord that's terrible, I would expect something like this from guests but definitely not contractors of the resort. Thoughts are with Glenn, thank god the other one is going to prison
Guest, employee, contactor etc. All the same people. People who get fired will sometimes do stupid things, to us it makes no sense, he is in jail on top of being fired, but to people in that positions it makes sense. We are very feeble creatures.

Reactions: Cole
Absolutely disgusting that this happened. Really hope everything goes well for Glenn and that there is no lasting impact for such a senseless assault.

I want to know with all the "New Security" measures how this happens? Also the security guard that laughed at him when he was told about it? This proves they should secure gate 2 like they have in city walk.

Full Story

I want to know with all the "New Security" measures how this happens? Also the security guard that laughed at him when he was told about it? This proves they should secure gate 2 like they have in city walk.

Full Story

Pretty sure you can find scissors in the park. Not sure how a couple metal detectors would ever stop this. Heck, add 20 check points and you can't stop someone from using a tool within a park to commit murder. Or try to at least.

Reactions: anihilnation
Pretty sure you can find scissors in the park. Not sure how a couple metal detectors would ever stop this. Heck, add 20 check points and you can't stop someone from using a tool within a park to commit murder. Or try to at least.
Yeah, this wasn't a guest, a lot different. It did reveal a hole.

Just crazy stuff.