Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Mary Poppins Attraction - UK Pavilion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is a phrase I heard that I like, "Don't let perfect get in the way of good". Sometimes, I think that Disney does this. They could put in some good rides that do not have to be mind-blowing that would still be welcomed. In the UK Pavilion, a fun dark ride to Poppins would be widely accepted.

According to Marni over on wdwmagic it is a Dark Ride at the moment

500.gif

They slacked a bit in approving the ride (if it is indeed approved), but the plan originally was to have it open alongside Rat in Spring 2020. If it's still a small dark ride (bus bar style), I don't see why they couldn't make it.

Hell, Rat isn't even vertical yet.

MansionButler84 over on wdwmagic has said a Mary Poppins Dark Ride has been approved and work will begin in 6 months
Wow! A full on dark ride will be great! Any ideas on plot location? Is this going behind the existing façade or taking over the space used by the World Showcase Pavilion?

Wow! A full on dark ride will be great! Any ideas on plot location? Is this going behind the existing façade or taking over the space used by the World Showcase Pavilion?
Probably to the left of the showcase building. Behind the outdoor stage area between UK and world gateway. I would guess anyway.

The issue I see with that location is that its the only accessway they have to the back of the current pavilion. Isn't that also part of the space being used by the gondolas or is that location closer to the gateway than I imagine?
We need someone with Gmap skills to give us some ideas.....

The issue I see with that location is that its the only accessway they have to the back of the current pavilion. Isn't that also part of the space being used by the gondolas or is that location closer to the gateway than I imagine?
We need someone with Gmap skills to give us some ideas.....
I posted a map pic a long while back in this thread I think.

How visible would this be from the Skyliner?
The Skyliner station ends on the ground before getting that far, so not at all probably. I mean, at the worst it would be no more visible that the Showcase Pavilion next door or Soarin's giant blue building that can be seen from space.

Trees are your friend.

EDIT: Here's a pic I made a billion years ago showing a rough outline of the area I think a new ride could go... It's probably too far back, and it would require a re-route of the backstage path between it and Showcase Pavilion. But you can see how a new ride entrance could go right up to the path if they wanted it to just by knocking down some trees. Or have you enter through the courtyard behind the shops. Either/or.

epcot-uk-jpg.5467

Last edited:
Reactions: Sergio Araujo
I'm guessing this will be based on Mary Poppins Returns, not the original.
Maybe a hybrid concept where it could technically be based on both? But yea, this new movie is gonna be a huge hit, (and may only be the first of a new trilogy,) so they're gonna wanna have this tie into it for sure.

EDIT: Fun Fact - Mary Poppins Returns will have the longest gap between live-action film sequels in history at 54 years.

Last edited: