Universal’s Superstar Parade | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Superstar Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm thinking HTTYD will be going into the parade. Remember the picture of the Dreamworks characters? Toothless was there and everybody was surprised because a costume was made for a property with no concrete plans.

Well, it looks like something has opened up...
Very Interesting. According to Universals Audition Page they are looking for Male and Female Dancers and Puppeteers! Seems rehearsals will be from Mid December through January.
Audition Schedule - Universal Orlando

Puppeteers
Seeking experienced puppeteers up to 5’10” in height and not exceeding 200 lbs. in weight.
Please submit your resume to Auditions@UniversalOrlando.com by
5pm on Sunday, September 25th.

All candidates must have at least 2 days per week availability with one being a weekend day.
Candidates must also have open availability for the holiday season (mid – December through the first week of January).

I'm thinking HTTYD will be going into the parade. Remember the picture of the Dreamworks characters? Toothless was there and everybody was surprised because a costume was made for a property with no concrete plans.

Well, it looks like something has opened up...
What pictures?

Very Interesting. According to Universals Audition Page they are looking for Male and Female Dancers and Puppeteers! Seems rehearsals will be from Mid December through January.
Audition Schedule - Universal Orlando

Puppeteers
Seeking experienced puppeteers up to 5’10” in height and not exceeding 200 lbs. in weight.
Please submit your resume to Auditions@UniversalOrlando.com by
5pm on Sunday, September 25th.

All candidates must have at least 2 days per week availability with one being a weekend day.
Candidates must also have open availability for the holiday season (mid – December through the first week of January).
Those puppeteers, I believe, are raptors.
A new rumor is Hello Kitty. Which is very disappointing to me.

Why not replace Hop AND add more floats?

SpongeBob
Dora
Despicable Me
Secret Life of Pets (to replace Hop)
Sing
Hello Kitty
Shrek
Trolls
Simpsons (there's already a vehicle to put the characters in, wouldn't cost much)
Super Mario (as the finale)

It'd be a solid lineup. They could even include Old Hollywood (Lucy, Marilyn, Charlie Chaplin walking along the parade route), BTTF (Doc Brown in the DeLorean) and Scooby-Doo (Scooby and Shaggy in the Mystery Machine) as smaller sections within the parade.

SpongeBob
Dora
Despicable Me
Sing
Hello Kitty
Shrek
Trolls
Simpsons (there's already a vehicle to put the characters in, wouldn't cost much)

It'd be a solid lineup. They could even include Old Hollywood (Lucy, Marilyn, Charlie Chaplin walking along the parade route), BTTF (Doc Brown in the DeLorean) and Scooby-Doo (Scooby and Shaggy in the Mystery Machine) as smaller sections within the parade.

Ideally they'd have an 18 minute parade with Monsters, Jaws, King Kong, BTTF, Despicable Me, JP, and the ones you listed...buuuut...we have what we have

Reactions: Mike S

SpongeBob
Dora
Despicable Me
Sing
Hello Kitty
Shrek
Trolls

I think Super Mario and Sing should be saved for a nighttime parade, but I'll agree with you because a nighttime parade is unlikely to come to fruition.

Also, that Simpsons RV should never be in a real parade. It already looks bad during the Macy's Parade.

I don't know if they could add any more floats to that parade. USF wasn't designed with a parade route in mind. There's just not enough room to close off even more walkways for a larger parade

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I don't know if they could add any more floats to that parade. USF wasn't designed with a parade route in mind. There's just not enough room to close off even more walkways for a larger parade
I sadly have to agree. The big, innovative, and likable parade that we are hoping for may just have to wait for a third park purposefully designed for its inclusion.

I optimistically say that when all three parks are open:
- IOA will have the big fireworks and projection show
- Park 3 will have big fireworks and parades
- USF will have a parade but on the small scale that we see today with the typical small scale fireworks

Have you ever watched the Mardi Gras parade or Macy's parade? They're huge.

I sadly have to agree. The big, innovative, and likable parade that we are hoping for may just have to wait for a third park purposefully designed for its inclusion.

I optimistically say that when all three parks are open:
- IOA will have the big fireworks and projection show
- Park 3 will have big fireworks and parades
- USF will have a parade but on the small scale that we see today with the typical small scale fireworks

Nobody kill me, but I'd rather see Universal do a yuuuge night parade than fireworks..I mean, the parade could end in pyro...I just feel Universal is very limited in fireworks and can never get to that "oh wow" level...rather they are stuck at "oh that's pretty cool"..

Reactions: Mike S
I'm almost positive the daily evening parade for Mardi Gras is a test to see if a big nighttime parade will keep people in the park (without a major act at the end). I predict it will and we will see a big nighttime parade.
All they need is a year round alternative to THE BEADZ.

"If you throw them... they will come"