Universal Express Survey | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Express Survey

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What would be the point of one employee wearing one of those? I would think they would employ this on FJ immediately. Sad thing is, it completely defeats the point of having an elaborate long queue. Why did Uni build the extra new queue when this may have solved the problem? Or would it be express only?

What would be the point of one employee wearing one of those? I would think they would employ this on FJ immediately. Sad thing is, it completely defeats the point of having an elaborate long queue. Why did Uni build the extra new queue when this may have solved the problem? Or would it be express only?

Potter needs to have an express lane. I think it's ridiculous that it doesn't have one.

Potter needs to have an express lane. I think it's ridiculous that it doesn't have one.

The problem with giving express is that EVERYONE would buy it, and then it would become worthless. I've seen circumstances for other attractions where a 50 minute wait was for the Express line, but the regular line was five minutes. Now put that in terms with Potter.... bad news. Bad, bad news. They need a different system in order to pull it off for Potter.

Yes. A continuously moving line is ridiculous at this point.

Yes, that line was really moving when it was a 90 minute wait and caused congesttion everywhere because it stretched so far out.

The problem with giving express is that EVERYONE would buy it, and then it would become worthless. I've seen circumstances for other attractions where a 50 minute wait was for the Express line, but the regular line was five minutes. Now put that in terms with Potter.... bad news. Bad, bad news. They need a different system in order to pull it off for Potter.

You sound like the goofy tm that was outside when I asked her about it. Let's be realistic, not everyone is going to be plunking down money for the express pass and not everyone stays at the hotels. I don't see why Potter can't have an express line but equally popular rides like Spider-Man can.

You sound like the goofy tm that was outside when I asked her about it. Let's be realistic, not everyone is going to be plunking down money for the express pass and not everyone stays at the hotels. I don't see why Potter can't have an express line but equally popular rides like Spider-Man can.

No, but a large majority would. Hell, I would. Plus, the sheer number of people who do so already under the false idea that Potter has express is already very large. I see at least a dozen or so people per day grumbling about this at FJ during each of my trips, and that's only in the 1 hour+ that I spend in that area of the resort. I truly believe that Express would not work with the system that they have now. As for attractions like Spider-Man, like I'd said before, I've seen the Express Line take well over an hour longer than the regular line. It happens more than you realize. I've also seen it at ET, of all places. It's rather sad. It's a major reason why my family never bothers to purchase Express. Also, even if it were to work without backing up, then it would greatly effect the regular line. Sometimes, the Express Line is given too much priority. It's a lousy system in general, because some TMs take it too seriously, and others take it too lightly. But, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
To me, if they're going to introduce Lo-Q, they need to eliminate the ability to purchase and just wait in the express line or there's no point. Why use the Lo-Q system when if you have a little patience you can just wait in line? However, if they do this like the old free Kiosk system, but instead of free you pay for this, it could work beautifully. Maybe they're thinking of going to the Lo-Q so that it will reduce the problem of the express line being longer then the regular one. The old free express worked very well, in my opinion, as long as you weren't worried about being nailed down to a specific window for your ride. However, if there is any change to the on site express pass it'll be the last time I ever stay on site. I stay on site specifically for the ability to be able to ride any ride, when I want to ride them, and use the express pass. All of this is speculation right now anyway, so hopefully we'll get some more specific answers soon enough. And hopefully before say, July so I'll know whether to book my annual January vacation there or look elsewhere.

So far, I like what I've heard about the Lo-Q system. If we get it at UOR, I'd be pretty pleased. I've been hinting that I wanted to stay onsite for my 18th birthday this September, and though I doubt that (if) this is ever implemented, that it would be implemented so soon. But I really would be grateful.

Last edited:
I promise, you'd like the express pass system the way it is much better if you stayed on site right now. You walk up, and hop in the express pass line whenever you want. Then let the people who buy the passes at the gate have to schedule the appointment windows.

So far, I like what I've heard about the Lo-Q system. If we get it at UOR, I'd be pretty pleased. I've been hinting that I wanted to stay onsite for my 18th birthday this September, and though I doubt that (if) this is ever implemented, that it would be implemented so soon. But I really would be grateful.

I've used the express pass for free before under several different circumstances. I didn't find it all that worth it, hence why I never bother to actually purchase it. As for staying onsite, that actually has nothing to do with the Express deal. Staying onsite is simply my desire to finally get that experience. Having Express would just so happen to be a plus, especially if it was the updated system that is being rumored.

Yes, that line was really moving when it was a 90 minute wait and caused congesttion everywhere because it stretched so far out.

Which means that same line would easily be 160 minutes with Express..

Hotel card = unlimited express, no schedule needed, and is good for two days.
I, personaly, don't want to have to plan where I am going to be other than show times.

Well, I only get to visit once a year, and have to drive from Birmingham, Alabama to do so, so time is not something I want to waste when I get there. That's why I stay on site so I have that unlimited express pass. If there is no unlimited express pass, there is no point in me staying on site any more.

Many guests who are willing to buy Express decide not to when they learn FJ isn't included. If FJ had an Express line it would be the only way to ride the attraction without a three hour wait. Considering UO limits the number of Express they sell and they do sell out of them during busier times, it could be a customer service nightmare if the line for FJ was three hours every day of your vacation and express is already sold out as well.

That's including the fact that people are waiting in lines to enter the park, sometimes the land, then for shops, Butterbeer, and the rides.. I'm sure there's enough complaints as it is.

I haven't been on Potter yet so I guess I must have missed something about the queue. Did they not build an alternate route inside that could've served as an express entrance? Is that why everyone is reacting to my posts as if they're treason? lol

I haven't been on Potter yet so I guess I must have missed something about the queue. Did they not build an alternate route inside that could've served as an express entrance? Is that why everyone is reacting to my posts as if they're treason? lol

No, it's just that the line REALLY backs up. Big time. And Express would not help much... There are three lines. Regular, Single Riders, and Castle Tours. Castle Tours could work for Express, I'm sure, but the confusion between riders and non-riders would probably be too much of a nuisance. Too many guests go into the wrong line as it is.

If the extra line ended up being used for Express I'm sure we would be saying goodbye to castle tours.

Exactly my point. It's one or the other, and I don't see Uni getting rid of Castle Tours anytime soon. People pay a lot to see all of the Wizarding World, even if they don't enjoy rides.