Universal Great Britain | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't have much to say about this, the concept logo somehow seems fake to me, if you look at Universal Japan for example, the globe is centered in that part of the world, while in the concept the globe is centered in the same longitude as in the Universal Hollywood/Orlando logo
Hang on--what logo are you talking about? The one that's floating around that is actually fan made and not official?

Hang on--what logo are you talking about? The one that's floating around that is actually fan made and not official?
The one with the same name as the registered domain, anyway, the domain is Universal Studios GB and not Universal GB Resort, like in Orlando or Beijing, which makes me think it is a park and not a full blown resort

Last edited:
Are there any other domains registered? Like Universal Germany etc. as it could just be them protecting their name.

Hello, welcome!

I think outside of London makes sense, cheaper land and more options.

I think they would head north though to be closer to the rest of the uk.

Depending on how far they want to go, near Luton sounds like a good area. Far enough away from London but still have strong transport links with a major airport and sizeable labour force nearby.
Could also go Stevenage/Letworth/ Welwyn Garden City or even look at some nearer to Stansted airport since the transport infrastructure already exists in both wedges of land near major M roads

It seems that Alicia has the inside too that this UK park is a done dial, am I wright? Is this information running wild in Universal circles? It would be big news for many people in Europe. Where are we at?
Thanks

It seems that Alicia has the inside too that this UK park is a done dial, am I wright? Is this information running wild in Universal circles? It would be big news for many people in Europe. Where are we at?
Thanks
Nothing is a done deal until it's started construction, especially in the UK. Just look at what has happened with the MSG Sphere London

They have c
Apparently central government are reviewing the London mayor’s decision on this project.
They have called in the decision, so they have the right to override the Mayor's decision. But the reality is MSG may have already decided to move on unless Michael Gove makes a decision soon. Their press release was a very clear message that they can't use this for political point scoring and need to decide quick

Reactions: RFRees and Chessy
They have c

They have called in the decision, so they have the right to override the Mayor's decision. But the reality is MSG may have already decided to move on unless Michael Gove makes a decision soon. Their press release was a very clear message that they can't use this for political point scoring and need to decide quick
Yeah you can't blame MSG for being mad at the mayor, one person shouldn't be allowed to squander such economic opportunity.

I have hope that a Universal Park wouldn't run into these issues, as they would logically build far enough away from any urban conurbation. Far away from his evil clutch o_O

Maybe not too far from any urban conurbation, though. With thousands of job listings to be filled, any potential location shouldn't be more than 15 miles or so from the next bigger (say 100k+ residents) labour market in my opinion. The more I think about it, the more attractive a location close to Birmingham seems to me. There are at least 30, if not 40 million people within a day trip reach there, while still providing sufficient distance from both London and the bigger cities in Northern England to consider a resort stay.

Reactions: gbird
For lack of a better analogy….

If this is better than Disneyland Paris, this place will do incredibly well. I really have no doubt in Universal creative at this point. If they have new concepts for this place I don’t doubt it could deliver.

Reactions: Chessy
For lack of a better analogy….

If this is better than Disneyland Paris, this place will do incredibly well. I really have no doubt in Universal creative at this point. If they have new concepts for this place I don’t doubt it could deliver.
Well, I'm sure whatever gets cooked, or when things start really cooking, I am pretty sure it will be easy to design a park better than Walt Disney Studios Park.

Last edited:
Yeah you can't blame MSG for being mad at the mayor, one person shouldn't be allowed to squander such economic opportunity.

I have hope that a Universal Park wouldn't run into these issues, as they would logically build far enough away from any urban conurbation. Far away from his evil clutch o_O
He's not evil. AEG just did a better job of lobbying.

I'm sure Merlin will try too even if it's not 50 miles from one of their parks.

The one with the same name as the registered domain, anyway, the domain is Universal Studios GB and not Universal GB Resort, like in Orlando or Beijing, which makes me think it is a park and not a full blown resort
To my knowledge the only park to start as a resort is Universal Beijing? Orlando started out with one park and no Citywalk. It took about 8-9 years before they even added the Citywalk area and a second gate.

The resort is Universal Beijing... but the park within the resort is still called Universal Studios Beijing.

I'd imagine Universal doesn't see a UK resort as a multi-day destination, mainly a 1-2 day thing, and I can't imagine they'll try to offer as many onsite hotels as UOR or DLP.