Universal Great Britain | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
FWIW, for our across the pond friends and one last touch on it;

King's Cross is a train station.
St. Pancras is a train station.
King's Cross St. Pancras is an Underground station for the both of them.

99% of people who have traveled through there would consider it all just one station.

You can enter the underground from both of them and they are literally separated by one very small road.

Love a bit of train chat.
Don’t get me started I work on trains :lmao:

Reactions: yepthatguy and Nico
Now that we know about this project, what IP, attractions, etc. would you like to have at Universal Studios Great Britain? Here are my ideas:
  • The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash
  • Jaws
  • Harry Potter
  • Shrek
  • Jurassic Park/World (With either a version of Jurassic World Adventure from Beijing or a Jurassic Park Jeep Safari ride like the scrapped Islands of Adventure ride.)
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Despicable Me
  • E.T. Adventure
  • Nintendo
  • Sing
  • Universal Monsters
  • Revenge of the Mummy
  • Paddington Bear
  • The works of Roald Dahl
  • Transformers
  • Earthquake
  • Thunderbirds
  • The Lord of the Rings (but more specifically, J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle-Earth.)
  • A James Bond stunt show
  • An Aardman Animations walkthrough attraction
  • A Chicken Run ride (but not one based on the pie machine sequence!)
  • A large special effects walkthrough attraction (think Lights! Camera! Action!, but bigger.)
  • A Universal history walkthrough attraction, featuring props
  • Some tea rooms
  • A British pub and an Irish pub
  • Halloween Horror Nights
I also think USGB should have a CityWalk, like the other Universal parks (minus Singapore). This CityWalk would have stuff such as The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, Hard Rock Cafe, Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, a cinema (operated by either Odeon or Vue), Nando's, Costa Coffee, Pret A Manger, and Pizza Express. There would also be an onsite railway station, since the park will be nestled between railway tracks.

An onsite hotel (or two) would also be included.

Finally, as part of this project, Comcast would acquire two preserved ex-LMS (London, Midland, and Scottish Railway) steam locomotives, along with a couple of preserved LMS coaches, and use them as special summer, Halloween, and winter trains from London to Universal Great Britain, featuring an onboard theatre showing Universal films, tea, and character meet and greets.

Reactions: Calmix

99% of people who have traveled through there would consider it all just one station.

You can enter the underground from both of them and they are literally separated by one very small road.

if only there was a thread for them that could do an update from me tomorrow morning..oh wait

Just catching up on many pages after Christmas, Didnt think would be over 10!

The argument with regards to the EU passports was enjoyable with my morning coffee and box of quality street and did make me chuckle Never thought the lack of EU passports would be a major discussion point.

I live i80 mins away and If I needed to get a passport for world class theme park (potentially 2 gates in the future) it would not stop me.

I work closely with offices in Germany and France and colleagues spoke to in both are ALMOST as excited as me, although discussion quickly got onto if HHN would come to Europe too.

I also work with a lot of offices in India and we were talking about this as they come to London every year for work and would love to build a trip to UGB to plans if does become a reality. I would be happy to plan a work team building to UGB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nico and LieutLaww
If this gets built (I really hope it does because I'm 2 miles away and I can see my house on the website), I'd like to see Nintendo and LOTR. Nintendo would pull in the masses from the UK and Europe, and I'm sure LOTR would pull in the visitors from further afield, that already have done Nintendo Land in a park on their continent.

And to add to this. Most trains in England do not go directly to destinations, it's very common needing to change from a main line to a branch line. So any of this nonsense "you can't get to the site from London........directly by train" is just stupid semantics is like saying "You can't drive to France from England"
#trainchat

And to add to this. Most trains in England do not go directly to destinations, it's very common needing to change from a main line to a branch line. So any of this nonsense "you can't get to the site from London........directly by train" is just stupid semantics is like saying "You can't drive to France from England"
#trainchat
As I said, I was being pedantic, but accurate ;) - in reality it doesn’t matter though, I just like scrutinising newspaper articles.

As I said, I was being pedantic, but accurate ;) - in reality it doesn’t matter though, I just like scrutinising newspaper articles.
This wasn't directed at you.
I have posted a few layouts for the park and have had several people try to "well actually" me. The key bit of information people are overlooking is that when the project gets NSIP status it will completely change the current status quo. Chances are the majority of visitors will come to Wixams station and shuttle bus directly to the park, but many things will change when EWR is finished. It's very rare a theme park has one train line on its doorstep let alone two. The options are incredible. It's very important we look at the future and not the current status quo. I have been putting all this info in my twitter thread

This wasn't directed at you.
I have posted a few layouts for the park and have had several people try to "well actually" me. The key bit of information people are overlooking is that when the project gets NSIP status it will completely change the current status quo. Chances are the majority of visitors will come to Wixams station and shuttle bus directly to the park, but many things will change when EWR is finished. It's very rare a theme park has one train line on its doorstep let alone two. The options are incredible. It's very important we look at the future and not the current status quo. I have been putting all this info in my twitter thread
Oh I see haha, I’m very excited for EWR. I do feel like this park will be revolutionary in terms of transport connectivity and there are so many opportunities, let’s hope they’ll exhaust them.

Manor Road runs directly through the site, I’m guessing they’ll want to have this road closed off or redirected?

If they were to use the Kempston Hardwick station I’m guessing it would have to be completely rebuilt to handle capacity? And maybe renamed I suspect.

Manor Road runs directly through the site, I’m guessing they’ll want to have this road closed off or redirected?

If they were to use the Kempston Hardwick station I’m guessing it would have to be completely rebuilt to handle capacity? And maybe renamed I suspect.
I feel like it’ll be redirected but it could be close, adjacent connections do exist. For the station, that whole line is meant to be upgraded and that station was planned to close or remain open to a local train service only. Now they’ll probably upgrade it or close it and build a new station where it’s needed.

I'll probably fly from Eindhoven in The Netherlands to Luton airport. According to this pic it's a direct route to UGB and a short one.
Route+Map+Portrait.jpg

No that's a public road. With houses on. As I said above I expect Wixams to handle all the crowds

People here in the USA just don't realize how small England is. It really doesn't take all that long to get anywhere. I still recall my first trip to England many decades ago. We were just going to wing the vacation so we didn't book hotel reservations in advance. In those past years, hotel reservations were tight on weekdays due to heavy business use, and we found there were no rooms available anywhere close . We went to the national agency and they found a room in a small inn, in Swindon, more than halfway across the country. So we got in our stick shift rental, since there were no automatics available, and herked and jerked the car to Swindon in the dark, in a few hours, where some very friendly police helped us find the inn and even drove the car for us. The next morning we located an automatic in Bristol, and drove there to pick it up. Anyway, the key to this story is that England is a very small, though very populous, country, and travel (especially with the rail lines) is really quick compared to the long distances us Americans are used to in traveling to a destination. This Bedford location will be no issue at all.