Universal Great Britain | Page 114 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have a lot of experience in corporate companies.

Whilst I wish you could use what you like from different departments for free unfortunately you can’t.
Of course you can it just might be taxable.

A company can do whatever it wants with its assets across the group and connected companies.

For all we know they’ve disposed of said vans and sold them to Universal Destinations and Experiences.

For USJ,

When UC and staff move out here, they use a localized relocation agency for housing and moving etc. The moving isn't done by USJ moving vans.

So I'm curious with Universal International Studios being based in England with staff who was relocated there from the states using relocation most likely, why are they not utilizing it currently to assist them with this. Unless this is also to promote and garner good will.

Quite the scenario to make up. This thread lol.
It’s a scenario that’s entirely possible.

I’m not making anything up, I’m throwing stuff out there but there’s nothing to say I’m right and there’s nothing to say I’m wrong either.

What I’ve just said is possible. Companies transfer assets all the time, is it likely? I have no idea but it’s possible.

I reckon they’re doing some park related filming using the house - my bet is we’ll see Wixams turn up in some promotional video related to an announcement/application

I reckon this.

I thought it’s a bit of a mistake lending someone a universal van to discreetly move.

Then I thought I wonder if they are filming something… new builds are their target market right?

Overheard someone yesterday saying their relatives in Manor Road keep getting approached by Universal to buy their house. So it sounds as if they are still trying to buy up properties.

I reckon they’re doing some park related filming using the house - my bet is we’ll see Wixams turn up in some promotional video related to an announcement/application

It's all related. They're making a video about a house where those on Manor Road could move to.

giphy.gif

I have a lot of experience moving internationally with companies. Not Universal, but multinational companies.
They always use professional 3rd parties …. They deal with insurance & liabilities, customs/excise, booking cargo space on ships/planes etc.
Lot of that is specific to international moves, but not all of it, especially the insurance part.

My bet is also on this is not a coincidence per se, but filming content relating to their park plans.

In fact: if it were my guess, any homes they pick up on Manor Road will serve as some initial accommodation in the early stages, but more for short-term transient accommodation rather than longer-term international relocation of staff.

Last edited:
My guess is this is actually "Production" related, and has nothing to do with the park and more to do with Netflix.

Even if someone from "Production" were moving in they would use professional movers. The only reason for Production to be there is for Production.
Pretty sure they also rent out production equipment, so might not even be for a Universal related project.

I wouldn't put too much weight in the severity of the risk of it not happening from Mohammad Yasin, he's using it as a major vote-getting point so he's essentially throwing out the worst-case scenario to gain votes. Yea, the ball is in the Government's hands, but I think regardless of who gains power, there's a good chance they'll support it enough for it to go ahead.