Universal Great Britain | Page 121 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I have seen on Discord, it looks like they forgot to BCC everyone so all the email addresses is was sent to are visible

I’ve just noticed on the site the email address is actually not a Universal address. It looks like an agency..

Surely they haven’t outsourced this, and then broke GDPR via proxy..?

Oh dear… I really hope this is just rumours. They really could run this themselves to avoid this sort of stuff.

They are currently using an agency called London Communications for their press and PR. I think they are also using an agency for their project website. Makes sense (other than the email cockup!) as probably better to do that from the UK than Orlando, and in the first instance they need to use an agency as they won't have staff available.

Reactions: Steeb
I can't believe that one division of Comcast would report on another division of Comcast unless they were pretty sure this was happening.
I don’t know how Sky works, but locally our NBC News affiliates run their own news rooms independently, despite being ultimately owned by Comcast. That it is to say, daddy Comcast doesn’t always tell its kids what it’s planning. So I wouldn’t count on that as a metric.

I got the subscriber email, and it didn’t show anyone’s address
People on other forums said they got the email with everyone’s email addresses included then the email was quickly rescinded.

Post 1391 onwards.

Reactions: Steeb
I don’t know how Sky works, but locally our NBC News affiliates run their own news rooms independently, despite being ultimately owned by Comcast. That it is to say, daddy Comcast doesn’t always tell its kids what it’s planning. So I wouldn’t count on that as a metric.

Sky specifically doesn't have NBC News Affiliates and their kind, it's a centrally owned news channel. So it would make getting access to Daddy Comcast easier for a Sky News reporter than your local NBC News reporter.

People on other forums said they got the email with everyone’s email addresses included then the email was quickly rescinded.

Post 1391 onwards.

Oh dear.

Considering they’ve handled everything pretty well so far this is a bit of a mess that needs clearing up.

If my email was on there I’d be a bit annoyed that all the effort they’ve put in they couldn’t have made sure they got their own people to handle it.

I saw a post that suggested somewhere along the lines, that they wouldn’t have UK Staff available to run this. I find that a little odd.

I followed that link you posted for another forum and a few have pointed out that with all the newish GDPR stuff that this is a bit of a problem for them. I hope not!

I feel a lot of people would benefit if this goes ahead.

Reactions: IzzyB
With the no Orlando clones attractions & areas wouldn’t they just put clone attractions & lands from the other parks plus SNW might still be the same since it debuted in Japan before the US parks.

It’s interesting that the Sky News article stated in its headline “first Universal theme park in Europe” because I can’t envisage another resort in Europe. At least not for a very long time.

Maybe it’s just the general nature of the headline, meaning its first foray into the European area.

Reactions: yepthatguy