Universal Great Britain | Page 127 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe something, maybe nothing, but Moira Oliver, the Head of Talent Acquisition for Universal Creative, recently commented on a recruitment process for a major new role currently being advertised for Universal Creative:

I've added the bold emphasis to the phrase that interests me most. I wonder what the "major project" might be...
I could be wrong, but I believe this is for an Orlando specific project

Reactions: rob@rar
I could be wrong, but I believe this is for an Orlando specific project
You have a much, much better idea of what goes on in Universal Creative (because I have zero understanding), but from the reaction to the job advert from within the theme park creative community this seems like a seriously big deal. A very rare opportunity for a "park sized" deal, rather than "land sized" or "ride sized". But I completely accept that my wishful thinking might be reading far too much in to this than there actually is. Can you share what kind of project in Orlando this post might be responsible for?

You have a much, much better idea of what goes on in Universal Creative (because I have zero understanding), but from the reaction to the job advert from within the theme park creative community this seems like a seriously big deal. A very rare opportunity for a "park sized" deal, rather than "land sized" or "ride sized". But I completely accept that my wishful thinking might be reading far too much in to this than there actually is. Can you share what kind of project in Orlando this post might be responsible for?
Not a park sized project, an important property perhaps. But it is an Orlando-based job position. Take that as you will.

Not a park sized project, an important property perhaps. But it is an Orlando-based job position. Take that as you will.
Thanks. I'm assuming that the creative development for the UK project will be mostly based within the Universal Creative team in Orlando. Do you think that's likely? Is that how the Beijing park was designed, or did they do most of the work with a team in China?

I know it's not directly related, but the French park operator Puy du Fou has announced plans for a new park in the UK, less than an hour away from the Universal site.

Puy du Fou £300m theme park planned for Oxfordshire

It's an 'experience' park rather than having any rides, so don't think Universal would see them as a competitor, but suspect it actually supports Puy du Fou's plans given that Universal would ensure the right target audience is already in the region.
Don't get too excited. A while back they tried The Netherlands and Belgium but those project didn't go anywhere and are canceled.