Universal Great Britain | Page 136 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sounds like a step forward for the planning process, although perhaps not relevant to Universal’s plans as the previous government (and the current one, I assume) have bypassed the traditional planning process for USGB by taking the unprecedented step of opting for a Special Development Order for the site. This bypasses any local authority decision-making, bypasses the process for National Infrastructure Projects, instead putting Ministers in charge of taking the decision. I think this is altogether faster and more streamlined than any other way of considering Universal’s plans.

Reactions: Altonsky
Could we have a political Britain forum so we can keep this focused on actual news about the (hopefully) coming theme park.
I know I’m brining in a fair bit of political discussion but this is an inherently political project and we’re all at the mercy of their political decisions when it comes to this project.