Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That is one tall space, wonder if will traverse actual stairs. Since this is not the actual park and rules may be lax, wonder if we will get more hardcore actions/scares like touching and cursing.?
Wolfman bungee jumping toward me from the ceiling :skull:.

Touching though? I don't think anyone wants that. Even Sleep No More with its graphic nudity has a strict no touching policy.

Reactions: mccgavin
As long as we're in the United States, I think touching is out unless a waiver is signed by each participant.. which I can't really see happening. Too many liability issues without a waiver, but requiring one would likely be a deterrent for many people (not to mention a slow down in processing).

When I visited Clifton Hill on the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls border, where they haven many haunted attractions, we went to one of the more notorious ones (Nightmares) and asked if there was touching. The guy at the desk shrugged and said, "You'll just have to find out." Which is how we realized we weren't in the USA anymore :lol:

Reactions: Clive
Wolfman bungee jumping toward me from the ceiling :skull:.

Touching though? I don't think anyone wants that. Even Sleep No More with its graphic nudity has a strict no touching policy.

Sleep No More actually does allow touching, though typically the performer will seek nonverbal consent before engaging by extending their hand.

It won’t happen at a Halloween Horror Nights experience without explicit hard copy waivers, though. Expect something similar to what we see in Orlando.

I’ve always wanted to do HHN but not had the chance yet, I’d definitely go. Wonder how often they’ll rotate what scares and characters are inside.

Which leads me to hope it's really not a 2025 opening set. It seems the main walls will be up in the next few days/week. I really don't think it will take a full year to finish the rest. I mean coasters are erected in less time.
The Area 15 complex is set to open 2025, even if this gets done early, it's probably not gonna open until the rest of the thing is built. Also remember that they need to build the building, deal with electrical and plumbing, and then start house construction.

It's weird that Universal UK has a site already and it's not even confirmed 100% if they'll actually go through with it.. meanwhile Vegas is getting built and no actual website or socials yet.. just the two press releases and the logo reveal..
Very different situation. The site (similar to USH's CommunityLine site that gave us some details about the F&F coaster) is about community relations, not advertising the park. This project is much much smaller in scope and you don't really have the neighbor relation issue over there. If it were up to Universal, they wouldn't need the neighbors site yet anyways

The Area 15 complex is set to open 2025, even if this gets done early, it's probably not gonna open until the rest of the thing is built.
That has always been the thought in the back of my head for this not opening sooner so I guess that is it. You wouldn't want to open this with construction still going on with other venues. I know they were looking for tenants to fill the area out, since unleashed is the anchor.

Which leads me to hope it's really not a 2025 opening set. It seems the main walls will be up in the next few days/week. I really don't think it will take a full year to finish the rest. I mean coasters are erected in less time.
The houses are being designed to last far longer than the typical HHN house, which means it has to be built to withstand several months of wear and tear using far better materials than the simple plywood they use at HHN.

It's weird that Universal UK has a site already and it's not even confirmed 100% if they'll actually go through with it.. meanwhile Vegas is getting built and no actual website or socials yet.. just the two press releases and the logo reveal..
Classic Universal, but it's still way too early to announce anything.

I’ve always wanted to do HHN but not had the chance yet, I’d definitely go. Wonder how often they’ll rotate what scares and characters are inside.

I'm sure someone here will correct me if I'm wrong, but I as I recall, when the Walking Dead walk through attraction was first announced for USH, one of the features they mentioned was that the maze (especially the final part) was able to be modified and changed, to keep the attraction fresh over the years. And aside from HHN changes, I don't recall them ever changing the layout in any major sort of way.

While I realize this is a different situation/circumstance, I wouldn't be shocked if the changes aren't as frequent as we think they may be. I could image a maze lasting 2-3 years before getting switched out or changed.

Edit: I found the quote from a preview article of The Walking Dead attraction from right here at IU, June 25, 2016:
Murdy even noted that around one third of the maze could be changed depending on what happens in future episodes of the television show in order to keep the attraction fresh and up to date.
And as far as I know, there were never really any major changes to the attraction.

Last edited:
Runway for what? I can promise you if all 3 (HHN Orlando, HHN Hollywood, UHU Vegas) opened the same day, none of their number will suffer. No one sits around the kitchen table trying to decide if they are going to go to either of the three like they would for a disney or universal vacation in Orlando. HHN in its respective locations are generally local events with national and some international notoriety (looking at you HHN Orlando). Aside from me :cool: how many people do you know that visits BOTH HHN orlando and HHN hollywood in the same year? It's not too many because most people go to the one closest to them and call it a day.

Honestly, I do not even see Vegas taking away patrons of hollywood's HHN. See, the way vegas works is the allure and attraction to the area is the gambling and sin city nature. It's a giant 4 mile tourist trap (well, the strip). The patrons for Unleash are those visiting tourist and the locals. Not patrons and locals in orlando and hollywood. Vegas gets most of their visitors in sept-nov. It's almost a no brainer, with walls going up now, hey may want to have this ready in the next 9 months. Yes, that seems aggressive but possible. So, in closing, this is vegas. You are not catering to the same people everyday so nothing really craters. Everyday is a reset button with a new batch of people to reach.

If this were to open next fall, I'd probably skip Hollywood and do Vegas instead. I'm already married to Orlando and I can't afford to do all 3.

^Remember that's it's going to be year-round... so you could visit it in the Halloween off-season and not have any impact on HHN events.

True, but if it opens around haunt season, I'm still going to want to be one of the early visitors. Either way - Vegas, LA and Orlando all in the same season are expensive from NOLA.

Just my opinion, but I don't see any real value in being one of the first people for this sort of thing. Granted, it's nice when it happens, but there are also downsides. Some effects may not yet be working, operations will still be finding their footing, and I could imagine that they'll be some logistical things for them to figure out.

Personally, I'd do the regular haunt season, and then you could still go right after Halloween. It'd still be fresh, and you wouldn't have to make it an either/or situation.

As for myself, I'll likely be waiting until the next summer before heading back to Vegas. Which is sad, because I used to visit Vegas annually, but haven't in the last 2-3 years because it isn't the bargain it once was.