Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which leads me to hope it's really not a 2025 opening set. It seems the main walls will be up in the next few days/week. I really don't think it will take a full year to finish the rest. I mean coasters are erected in less time.

It's not going to open in 2024. It's part of a larger complex, much of which has yet to start construction. In other words: it'll open with everything else, or at the very least the finished complex.

Also I promise I'll be going to the site on the year anniversary of the announcement this Thursday.

^
That has always been the thought in the back of my head for this not opening sooner so I guess that is it. You wouldn't want to open this with construction still going on with other venues. I know they were looking for tenants to fill the area out, since unleashed is the anchor.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Very cool to see this going up ... also sort of answers the question of what Studios could have included if they knew decades ago that HHN was going to be such a major event

As I was looking at my plethora of HHN shirts from 2005-present.. I'm going to need more closet space when this opens.

I already gave in & got 2 of the HHN shirts from Hot Topic, plus the HHN hoodie. So yea, my wallet is afraid of Vegas HHN merch.

Reactions: Grabnar
As I was looking at my plethora of HHN shirts from 2005-present.. I'm going to need more closet space when this opens.

I already gave in & got 2 of the HHN shirts from Hot Topic, plus the HHN hoodie. So yea, my wallet is afraid of Vegas HHN merch.
I've found myself needing to cap my spending to a limited "HHN Merch Fund" every year in order to not bankrupt myself haha. What can I say, the Merch teams at Universal have some killer artists!

Not to mention how many of the merch items end up being some incredibly strange and interesting crossover material. Vecna, Chucky, a Clicker from The Last of Us, and the girls from that one Exorcist sequel? A Demogorgon, Frankenstein, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, and Shorty from Killer Klowns from Outer Space? What strange and obscure crossovers. What kind of timeline would we have to be in where all four of these properties just so happen to collide again? Of course I've got to get the limited time shot glasses!:lmao: I'll admit, they got me a little cooked here haha

Last edited:
Wait.....so is this opening within a few months? Like hiring actors means they are pretty close..right?

Futurama Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
To be fair, when USH was working on Jurassic World, existing TMs that were transferring to the ride were on site several months beforehand, while the rest of us weren't hired in until around May (roughly a month or so before the apocalyptic no warning opening).

Since this is an all new "thing", they're going to want to have staff ready for later this year. It's not like HHN where they can hire in the summer, have 1-2 rehearsal days/wardrobe, then EP night & boom... opening night.

Being a scareactor is a tough gig. With this being a permanent haunt & dining, they're going to require more time to prep.

I'm tempted to apply, but my body is arguing with my brain lol.. I'd love to suffer through the opening of this. #gluttonforpunishment

Looks like this is a "fielding general interest" situation. Not just scare actors - seeing if other people in ops/facilities/management/logistics would be potentially interested in making the move to Las Vegas when the time comes.

I just wish they'd release more details about everything. Doesn't have to be haunt specifics (yet), but at least pull back the dramatic tattered curtain & reveal some dining, bar, & retail info..

And tease haunt stuff... just a tease..

***EDIT: I took a blind leap & applied. I don't know what the future holds, but I went for it :cold_sweat:

Last edited: