Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Horror Unleashed - Las Vegas, NV

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Image for those not on the Bluesky.

I have a feeling this is essentially our first house reveal!

Scarecrow.jpg

Reactions: Jake S
I have said it before and I have said it again, that is a strong house to have in the line up! Now I an curious as to what houses we may see brought back from the past? I can see Oddfellows or a circus rendition being included. I can't think of a space theme house they really raised the bar to be honest. One house that I feel doesn't get the praises is psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays. This was one of the first house I can remember that goes from "house to house". I feel this house would do well as well with the christmas theming, falling slow, huge opportunity for great scenic design!

What house do you want to see reincarnated in vegas?!

Reactions: MrBlonde
Yeah that's why I said circus rendition. Normally jack was associated with a funhouse style haunt but the circus aspect seemed new and I think they can very well switch oddfellow out with jack and not much will be different.

I think Scarecrow, Jack’s Fearhouse, Horrors of Blumhouse, and Monsters (like the original) is the right mix.

Part of me wonders if they'd even do Universal Monsters. Shocking, I know; but I wonder if they'd opt for a big "Frontliner" IP that could headline the location for a 2 year period. Something like The Weeknd (due to the After Hours connections with Vegas), Halloween, or something else that'd be a big "GP" grab.

Part of me wonders if they'd even do Universal Monsters. Shocking, I know; but I wonder if they'd opt for a big "Frontliner" IP that could headline the location for a 2 year period. Something like The Weeknd (due to the After Hours connections with Vegas), Halloween, or something else that'd be a big "GP" grab.
I think the zeitgeist moves too fast for something like that, especially now. Using something more evergreen is a safer bet (Halloween would be safe, but its rights are too complicated for something enduring like this). Scarecrow is actually fairly indicative of a somewhat “safe” concept. I think Blumhouse would serve as the “big grab.” And, if they’re smart, they’d lay that house in a way where scenes can be skipped, and therefore switched out with the current Blumhouse movie. Some scenes stay constant (The Purge, Insidious, Get Out, Us, M3GAN), while the other 5 scenes can rotate individually.