Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines (HHN 33) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Every time I see this house advertised online ... I think it's for a KISS house haha
gene simmons rock GIF

I still maintain that KISS would be an epic music IP house at HHN..
Shout out to theatrical bands with face paint, gotta be one of my favorite genders. Not to go way off topic but bands like KISS, Iron Maiden, etc - bands known for their theatrics would slap.

Relevancy is key though. Striking while the iron is hot would have been before HHN was even an event lol.

The only rock band I'd see coming to Horror Nights in any capacity is Ghost if they maintain their momentum.

I liked that area. I can see how it seemed boring, but it was like a real backstage theater. I only didn't like the Invisible man section, it felt out of place.
Not to stray from spec too much but that room was the scariest memory for me last year. I was alone and not knowing which side he’ll strike from was nerve wracking haha

Reactions: Midnight Detective
Not to stray from spec too much but that room was the scariest memory for me last year. I was alone and not knowing which side he’ll strike from was nerve wracking haha
I agree! It was a great room by itself. However, to me it didn’t make a whole lot of sense to be in Unmasked. Maybe if he had more than 2 rooms(3 if you count the end) With that said I still loved the house!

I brought that up bc I hope that it’s not a problem this year with Internal Bloodlines. With all the characters in it, it has me worried.

I still maintain that KISS would be an epic music IP house at HHN..

oh yeaaeeeeeahhh boyyyyyyyysssssss
if Alice cooper and slash can get houses, kiss could too. absolutely.

Shout out to theatrical bands with face paint, gotta be one of my favorite genders. Not to go way off topic but bands like KISS, Iron Maiden, etc - bands known for their theatrics would slap.

Relevancy is key though. Striking while the iron is hot would have been before HHN was even an event lol.

The only rock band I'd see coming to Horror Nights in any capacity is Ghost if they maintain their momentum.
rob zombie was never that huge or relevant. he's famous in metal communities and he's a movie director, but he was never huge with regular people.

rob zombie was never that huge or relevant. he's famous in metal communities and he's a movie director, but he was never huge with regular people.
It's a little much to go into all the details on a house thread but Rob Zombie and Universal/HHN have a long, long relationship. IIRC he contributed VERY early to the event - this led to an executive asking if he had any ideas for a movie. He said House of 1000 Corpses, which he just thought was a cool title and there was nothing else conceptualized. Universal came back to him with funding, movie was made on the fly, then screened and shelved (Universal hated it). Later it was released, movie found its audience, way later Universal came to him to contribute more. Its a really cool, serendipitous story.

Tl;dr Rob Zombie has a lot of clout with Universal/HHN. He helped put HHN on the map, and in turn it kickstarted his filmmaking career

Guys...

Alice Cooper got houses because 1) his brand is extremely horror-heavy and helped define shock rock, and 2) more importantly, the creative director of Hollywood's Horror Nights -- who at this point in time had an outsized influence and on what made it into the lineup -- idolizes the artist.

Slash also benefits from #2, but crucially, he never headlined a house. He was a "bonus" marketing element for Clowns and the Monsters mazes. Not the same thing as leading a maze, which to date, has only happened with Cooper, Black Sabbath (which had a bit of a muted reception), and The Weekend -- all three of which are huge acts. (Yes, I'm aware Rob Zombie got to do what became House of 1000 Corpses in an earlier iteration of the event. I think we can all agree the current iteration of HHN has gone in a different direction when it comes to choosing what to feature.)

KISS is a huge, iconic act, but it's not immediately associated with horror, even with the face paint. What are they going to adapt, the forgotten Phantom of the Park TV movie? Can we please be serious?

Rob Zombie's movies made it in because he makes horror movies. Why are you saying he isn't relevant "because he's a move director" as if that isn't extremely relevant for an event that centers on haunt adaptations of horror movies?

Anyway
, Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines... in Orlando...

(Please do not "wow" react to this post.)

Guys...

Alice Cooper got houses because 1) his brand is extremely horror-heavy and helped define shock rock, and 2) more importantly, the creative director of Hollywood's Horror Nights -- who at this point in time had an outsized influence and on what made it into the lineup -- idolizes the artist.

Slash also benefits from #2, but crucially, he never headlined a house. He was a "bonus" marketing element for Clowns and the Monsters mazes. Not the same thing as leading a maze, which to date, has only happened with Cooper, Black Sabbath (which had a bit of a muted reception), and The Weekend -- all three of which are huge acts. (Yes, I'm aware Rob Zombie got to do what became House of 1000 Corpses in an earlier iteration of the event. I think we can all agree the current iteration of HHN has gone in a different direction when it comes to choosing what to feature.)

KISS is a huge, iconic act, but it's not immediately associated with horror, even with the face paint. What are they going to adapt, the forgotten Phantom of the Park TV movie? Can we please be serious?

Rob Zombie's movies made it in because he makes horror movies. Why are you saying he isn't relevant "because he's a move director" as if that isn't extremely relevant for an event that centers on haunt adaptations of horror movies?

Anyway
, Universal Monsters: Eternal Bloodlines... in Orlando...

(Please do not "wow" react to this post.)
Another discussion best saved for Wish List thread methinks.

Back to Eternal Bloodlines, as excited as I am for this house, I am a bit worried about it having the Legends/Unmasked problem where certain monsters only appear once or twice. Got a bad feeling She-Wolf and Anck-Su-Namun might be affected by that, especially considering the latter wasn't mentioned at all in the podcast IIRC.

Reactions: EAS and SeventyOne

Back to Eternal Bloodlines, as excited as I am for this house, I am a bit worried about it having the Legends/Unmasked problem where certain monsters only appear once or twice. Got a bad feeling She-Wolf and Anck-Su-Namun might be affected by that, especially considering the latter wasn't mentioned at all in the podcast IIRC.

I frankly assume those monsters will have cameos -- one appearance each somewhere in the house, and maybe a second appearance in the finale for a last scare. In other words, structured just like Unmasked. That doesn't bother me as much here, as the central focus should be on Saskia, Dracula's daughter, and the Bride.

I think there was a reference to Saskia knocking out Anck-Su-Namun and getting the amulet before the scene with Bride/She-Wolf. I do think Anck-Su-Namun and She-Wolf are likely to be included in one scene each.

Reactions: HHN Maddux

so its just gonna be the same characters over and over?

Just like every other house that has a specific character(s). Not sure what the problem is.

If you want to complain about repetitive character appearances, be fair about it. At the same time, the complaint would be the opposite if they barely made multiple appearances
Or, super crazy hot take here, maybe we could wait UNTIL A SINGLE GUEST HAS WALKED THROUGH THE HOUSE WITH ACTORS before deciding we hate/love the character line-up.