Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Was anybody expecting an announcement this early?!

Kinda, yeah. Permits will have to be filed with Orange County in the coming months, so it makes sense for Universal to announce the park ahead of plans for the park being posted online. Here's a post I made last December about it:

I don't think we're as far away from new park info as people assume. The park is being built in unincorporated Orange County, which has a different permitting and plan review process than the City of Orlando - everything is highly visible to the public (see the infrastructure plans filed back in October). When they start filing plans for the new park - which will probably be happening within the next 6 or so months - every theme park blog out there will be posting and dissecting them. If I were Universal I'd want to be the one officially announcing the new park, its name, and general scope, rather than letting the blogs do it via permits.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how much they share. I'm really hoping they check off all the items @JungleSkip listed - that'd be a hell of an announcement event.

Gonna get my predictions out before I am met with the onslaught of disappointment.. ;)

• Begins with a look from 2017 to 2019
  • Bourne is announced. Early October
  • Volcano Bay is announced of the expansion, is not a ProSlide model in the video and promo material to be represented. 2020
  • Jurassic World is announced for IOA.; both Jurassic World: The Ride and the Indo coaster are fully present in the announcement material. Summer 2021
  • Something for USF is announced for 2022 (..My guess is that they are going forward with either Pets, or DreamWorks Theater)
  • UFW and the Southern Property announced for 2023, Nintendo and Pokemon are fully present, with models for both lands represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.