Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because the hotel is at the back of the park...you would basically have to make entering the hub “free”, or maybe just proof of a reservation, or 2nd entrance in the rear of the park for check in?

Actually thinking more about it, they would definitely need a second entrance as I can’t imagine tourist wanting to wade through a hub with their luggage. Unless they had bell men at the front gates?

It’s an interesting concept for sure. That hotel better be “something” to look at, if it stares down at the rest of the park.
The hotel has its own entrance as well. Otherwise guests would be trapped a night lol.

TPU said it wasn't to scale... but I think the idea of the circles being small is that the hub is "massive."

Honestly, I can only see a massive hub ('larger than Magic Kingdom', as TPU is reporting) being supported on a free, Disney Springs like model.

If they were right about the crude drawing, what else could they be right about?..
The lands are far larger than the hub. The hub isn’t a courtyard like MK is all. More explore-y. The longwise design with entrances is what I believe is correct.

But hey, maybe I got my info from the same place they got theirs, and we’re both wrong lol.

The hotel has its own entrance as well. Otherwise guests would be trapped a night lol.

The lands are far larger than the hub. The hub isn’t a courtyard like MK is all. More explore-y. The longwise design with entrances is what I believe is correct.

But hey, maybe I got my info from the same place they got theirs, and we’re both wrong lol.
So more like the Shanghai DisneyLand hub. It’s got a carousel and other small rides and is where the nighttime show viewing area is.

Catching up on the thread, but please don’t tell me this is called Epic Worlds. That’d be a fantastic failure. :eek:O:​
The name of the park would do nothing to help or hinder the parks success. Hell half the people that go to DHS still call it “MGM”. As long as it’s a good park, it won’t matter what it’s called

Hey Everyone! I'm back! Thought I'd have some fun with photoshop and added Alicia's information about the park's hotel entrance to TPU's crudely drawn map. If any of it's inaccurate, let me know! Thinking of updating the image as we learn more and more about the park over time just as a fun, pointless project to kill time on.

Legend:
Yellow Half-Circle - Hotel Porte-Cochere
Black Squares - Hotel Parking Lot

Attachments

• TPU 2.png
    TPU 2.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 69
Hey Everyone! I'm back! Thought I'd have some fun with photoshop and added Alicia's information about the park's hotel entrance to TPU's crudely drawn map. If any of it's inaccurate, let me know! Thinking of updating the image as we learn more and more about the park over time just as a fun, pointless project to kill time on.

Legend:
Yellow Half-Circle - Hotel Porte-Cochere
Black Squares - Hotel Parking Lot
There’s a pond directly behind the hotel, but the separate entrance is around there on the left somewhere.

I’m sure we’ll have a decent layout of everything soon enough.

Probably something like this. The hotel may be over by the retention pond though. Those diagonal roads are throwing me off.

View attachment 10322
A World, and it's lands, don't necessarily have to be divided by the diagonal roads. Like in IOA, some of the roads might be in the middle of a World, and the World may exist on both sides. I don't think we can use the roads as definitive boundaries. (simultaneous with Alicia's post) We talked about this a few months ago.

I'm thinking the pond is directly connected to the hotel, more like:
View attachment 10324
Hotel and hub are better here. You have too many lands. See below:

A World, and it's lands, don't necessarily have to be divided by the diagonal roads. Like in IOA, some of the roads might be in the middle of a World, and the World may exist on both sides. I don't think we can use the roads as definitive boundaries.
:thumbsup:

There’s a pond directly behind the hotel, but the separate entrance is around there on the left somewhere.

I’m sure we’ll have a decent layout of everything soon enough.

Here's the TPU version. Adjusted the entrance and added the pond. Thanks for the extra info Alicia! Also, if anyone asks, I know obviously that this map doesn't really help and people will probably find better ways of showcasing the new layout. I'm just doing this as a fun pet project to see if I can turn this crude excuse of a map into something with actual detail as we acquire more information. Think it will be a fun challenge to take on.

Legend:
Yellow Half-Circle: Hotel Porte-Cochere
Black Squares: Hotel Parking Lots
Blue Circle (Filled-In): Hotel Pond

Attachments

• TPU 3.jpg
    TPU 3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 56
Is Nintendo top right?
I don't think so, only because there's a pond there for a possible water ride (so people have speculated). I don't believe a pond had been in any of the concept art of leaks. I could be wrong on this reason though. :)

EDIT:
Here's my guess at the lands (just for fun of course):

1 and 6: Empty - as TPU has guessed (they've been right so far). UOR will use as future expansion space.
2: Classic Monsters - speculation has it as the smallest and most likely to get cut/replaced.
3: Nintendo - Toss up between 3 and 4.
4: Fantastic Beasts - Toss up between 3 and 4.
5: DreamWorks (HTTYD and possible Trolls) - I'm thinking DW will get a water ride and make use of that pond.

upload_2019-7-29_22-51-26.png

Last edited:
I don't think so, only because there's a pond there for a possible water ride (so people have speculated). I don't believe a pond had been in any of the concept art of leaks. I could be wrong on this reason though. :)

EDIT:
Here's my guess at the lands (just for fun of course):

1 and 6: Empty - as TPU has guessed (they've been right so far). UOR will use as future expansion space.
2: Classic Monsters - speculation has it as the smallest and most likely to get cut/replaced.
3: Nintendo - Toss up between 3 and 4.
4: Fantastic Beasts - Toss up between 3 and 4.
5: DreamWorks (HTTYD and possible Trolls) - I'm thinking DW will get a water ride and make use of that pond.

View attachment 10328

Yeah... That seems unfortunately accurate. Well I'm happy that Classic Monsters is getting a land of it's own, it's a bummer that people are already talking about it as the runt of the litter. As if it's destined to be chopped apart and replaced. At least with The Lost Continent, that area was taken away piece by piece due to circumstance. Like, if the property to be it's replacement wasn't Harry Potter and the concept art Rowling was shown wasn't originally an overlay of Merlinwood, I feel like we would still have that part of the land with us today. Probably a weaker version of Merlinwood but a version nonetheless. It's not like people we're predicting it's slow and painful downfall back in 1998.

I'm curious to see how they approach Fantastic Beasts. Will they do all the countries or just one. Then the question is which one. Because if they do the US then that means we have two New York areas. Now with that in mind, it would be awesome to see them expand the first story and actually show us the American Wizarding School, Ilvermorny. Or I guess they could make mini lands as if we stepped into Newt's suitcase and we see each animal in each habitat but I feel that would work better for an attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.