Universal Orlando Landscaping | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Landscaping

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If you look closely, you will be able to tell that this is a very old pic. I love the feel of it, it’s almost snugly.

NjpOlGr.jpg

Yeah, that is the right hand arch, but the plants in that area were thinned out for Potter in 2009/10. Not even a hint of Hogwarts in the picture as Potter was just a fuzzy dream back then.

Reactions: Joel
If you can grow it in a pot and bring it inside (pot on rollers) when it gets cold you can. They have bamboo in China where the pandas live that gets snow but not the ground freeze.
Thanks Joe...But I was thinking along the lines of something outside that I could plant on the edge of a wooded area, where their intrusiveness wouldn't matter. Guess no clanking sounds of bamboo hitting each other for me. ....Of course, there's always climate change. Maybe next century. :)

Reactions: Joel and JoeCamel
This trip to animal kingdom was to capture the upper story trees, canopy, etc. It was after these photographs that I became really depressed. There was no way I was going to pull off those kinds of trees and their height in my lifetime !

RxjSANi.jpg

Have to do it the disney way - get out the heavy equipment and transplant full grown trees

Teebs: Is there any bamboo species that can survive in my climate zone? If so, what are they?....Thanks.

Not that I know of, sorry.

I have golden bamboo, bamboo negra and dwarf bamboo here in the UK.

Not only do they thrive here but I have managed to divide them and I now have six established golden bamboo from my one original plant.