Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 122 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was it is an elevated light rail system, and I would guess it has little to no problem operating with its proximity to the full brunt of tropical storms and hurricanes.

My other thought is they could employ some other kind of elevated rail system. There are plenty of options made by manufacturers they've recently worked with. News > Home > Transportation

My point was it is an elevated light rail system, and I would guess it has little to no problem operating with its proximity to the full brunt of tropical storms and hurricanes.

My other thought is they could employ some other kind of elevated rail system. There are plenty of options made by manufacturers they've recently worked with. News > Home > Transportation
When Tropical Storm Erika was hitting earlier this year, they closed it for a period of time I believe and that's just a tropical storm.

When Tropical Storm Erika was hitting earlier this year, they closed it for a period of time I believe and that's just a tropical storm.
Typically the theme parks are pretty much completely empty during a tropical storm, one of the best times to go actually as long as you don't mind getting wet. Transportation wouldn't really be a big issue during a storm like that.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Typically the theme parks are pretty much completely empty during a tropical storm, one of the best times to go actually as long as you don't mind getting wet. Transportation wouldn't really be a big issue during a storm like that.

Other than everyone leaving the park to get back to hotels.

Other than everyone leaving the park to get back to hotels.
Tropical storms don't just come out of nowhere, the parks are usually pretty well cleared out by the time conditions get bad. In the case of WDW the parks actually close well before it becomes unsafe to operate the monorail, the monorail never closes due to wind since by that point the need for transportation has been eliminated.

The day before an impending hurricane is really weird. I went to AK the day before one of the three that hit in 2004 and it was sad and spooky. Difficult to see 20 persons at once in any area. It was the first time that it hit me how people really do make the parks.

What about a bus with windows like the HE? I don't know if theirs any laws against that, but I think it would be a nice way to transport guests

It's the only piece of land that makes sense, it did in Universal's past and it does for sure now. I'll put on my showercap and join the parade.

I'm not arguing any of that?

Just making clear it is still "unofficial". Not saying it won't be official, but some I's have to be dotted, and T's crossed first.

I'd wager we hear something concrete from UOR after holidays.

I'll just say this, I do think they bought the land..but they don't want to confirm it as of yet. I think we will get confirmation either sometime in January or when the Q1 Financial report comes in for Comcast of 2016.

Atleast, its a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.